Thursday, 23 September 2010

I was quite pleased in the end ...

... this was another one I made yesterday.  The yellow card with cake and greeting was recycled from a used card, and I mounted it in a pink aperture card (also donated - a LONG time ago!) I'm not really a 'pink' girl and didn't like my first attempt.

However, in my haste with the green distress inks earlier, I forgot to clean my work mat (tut tut!! bet no-one else out there ever does that - LOL) and got a nice green smudge on the pink.  But, I managed to camouflage the mark by stamping little pink posies all over the border, and distressed the edge - and I think it softened the whole look, and it's not now so stark and boring - IMHO! 


Anyway, all's well that ends well - and that goes for my challenge entry, too.  Being new to this game, I just couldn't persuade a thumbnail image to appear - even my techie DH gave up and went to bed.  But, Katie (she of Cooking ... fame) came to the rescue and sorted it out for me.  Thanks Katie!

Aarrgghhhh!!!!  Just looked at the clock!  Must go to bed NOW or this will be Friday's post!  Sweet dreams X

No comments:

Post a Comment