Wednesday, 6 October 2010

An afternoon of decoupage



A few years ago I was given a load of decoupage sheets.  To be honest, I'm not usually that keen on it - mainly because the images always seem a bit old fashioned (or that might just be the selection I've got!)  Anyway, I've had this little cutie sitting on my work table for a couple of months now, not knowing what to do with her.  Whatever card I put her against, it just didn't look right.  Then I realised what was wrong - her rope was drawn in, and the space inside was just white.  So, I chopped off the rope altogether and substituted some cord and mounted it on a patchwork background with faux stitching (sorry, invisible in poor light).

Sorry about the quality of shot - dark now, and camera battery running low combined with energy saving bulbs ...
I'm really quite pleased with the result.  Managed to knock off another couple of decoupage efforts - only thought to photo them once in cello bags so again, sorry for quality but you get the idea.


Night night - see you soon x

No comments:

Post a Comment