Tuesday, 2 November 2010

A lovely afternoon's playing!

Bliss - learning new skills and making new friends!  Today I went to a card making workshop organised by my friend Una, in aid of Breast Cancer Research.  Our teacher was the talented Helen, who taught us the following -

This is a 5-faced card that folds into a triangle, and ties with a ribbon.  Just waiting for pics &/sentiments.


 Sorry that this pic is so blurred - my hand must have shaken at the wrong moment, and now the camera batteries have died!!

We made the black paper flowers and painted them with translucent glitter glue that I now LOVE - it's so easy to use, and hardens the flowers enough to go through the post.  You can't really see from here, but the card is a box, with a back flap, if you see what I mean.

We stuck the card on the front, cut the aperture from the back, stuck the black inside paper on, made up the box, added the made & dried flower, tied the bow then added the sentiment. 

We also made a tag using a sentiment die cut in DS tape stuff, and burnished glitter flakes over it - very effective (sorry, no battery to take pic).

To top it all, there were lots of goodies to buy, at really knock-down prices, so I got these

and these ...

all for THREE POUNDS FIFTY!
And, if that wasn't enough, I won one of the raffle prizes!

Thanks again to Una and the lovely Helen, and to my new friends Lyn and Anita, who sat next to me.  Lyn - looking forward to seeing you at our next Third Thursday Crafts!

No comments:

Post a Comment