Saturday, 15 January 2011

Keeping Track of Challenge Opportunities and Entries


Hi - How do you keep track of current challenges?

I know some folks use an actual notebook, with drawn sketches of challenge recipes but this didn't really appeal to me - not sure how you'd be able to flag up what was current, sometimes difficult (eg colour throwdowns) and it seemed like a lot of work  - especially if I ended up not having something suitable to put in, or missing deadlines (quite likely in my case!)

So, I came up with the idea of an Excel spreadsheet which I keep open (minimised while looking through blogs/challenges) flicking between, and adding links/details of anything that seems relevant, as I go).  This means I just give a brief recipe description, clicking link on worksheet for more.  I highlight in red the ones I enter (although I'm reminded to check results by clicking links on my posts) and then I can just delete past challenges, and add new ones along the way.  "Simples" in the words of the meerkat!

I hope you can understand what I mean.  Happy challenging!

No comments:

Post a Comment