Monday, 17 January 2011

Sew simple, sew quick - so pretty!

I had thought of putting a removeable brooch on my daughters' birthday cards and changed my mind.  But, I have been experimenting with scraps of fabric, and this is what I came up with.

The pic colour is not true and the whole thing looks fuzzy - in real life it is a lovely dark burgundy and black, but the flash has distorted it.

I started with a strip of satiny stuff, about 9" x 3" and, using running stitches with double thread, sewed the two short ends together, folded the piece in half and stitched the two open ends, as near to the edge as I could.  I then gathered it up and secured it.  Then I cut 3 oval shapes of black netting and layered them over the red (sorry - you can hardly make it out in the pic!), securing it all with a vintage black button.  I then just anchored the whole thing with a brooch pin on the reverse.

I'm really happy with how it turned out, considering it cost next to nothing, and am sorting my scrap stash to knock up some more.

Using this for the Anything Goes Challenge @ http://craftyourdaysaway.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. I love your brooch it's really pretty
    Thanks for joining in at CYDA this time

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete