I had thought of putting a removeable brooch on my daughters' birthday cards and changed my mind. But, I have been experimenting with scraps of fabric, and this is what I came up with.
The pic colour is not true and the whole thing looks fuzzy - in real life it is a lovely dark burgundy and black, but the flash has distorted it.
I started with a strip of satiny stuff, about 9" x 3" and, using running stitches with double thread, sewed the two short ends together, folded the piece in half and stitched the two open ends, as near to the edge as I could. I then gathered it up and secured it. Then I cut 3 oval shapes of black netting and layered them over the red (sorry - you can hardly make it out in the pic!), securing it all with a vintage black button. I then just anchored the whole thing with a brooch pin on the reverse.
I'm really happy with how it turned out, considering it cost next to nothing, and am sorting my scrap stash to knock up some more.