Wednesday, 5 January 2011

WOYWW and Happy 2011!

Sorry I've not posted for what seems like MONTHS.  I normally love Christmas but this year, am re-writing the song The 12 Days of ... to include the days when the central heating boiler had to have major surgery, then Boxing Day the soil pipe froze (36 hours without a toilet) and the water from this came through the ceiling over the stairs, then the NEXT day my DH shouted for me at 4am to help sweep the water out, from flooding the kitchen (burst pipe to washing machine).  Then, the following day I started a cold which turned to a chest infection, and yesterday our doctor signed me off work for a week!  I keep telling myself that 2011 can only be better LOL! 

Please don't think I'm complaining - it's at times like these that wonderful, good friends have proved more valuable than gold, and I appreciate all the blessings we do have.

However, the infection is really sapping my energy, not to mention my mojo so there's nothing on my work table at the moment, but here are the Christmas cards I made for my family this year.  I wanted a country feel for them, so decided to use various Christmassy BP's in a patchwork design, with faux stitching. 




I've just spent this evening catching up with my fav blogs, looking for inspiration and enthusiasm for making birthday cards for my two lovely daughters, both in the next two weeks - watch this space! 

Love for now, and I hope your Christmas and New Year were more peaceful than ours.

18 comments:

  1. You've had such a rough time of it recently - as you say, 2011 can only get better!! These are really lovely cards! Hope you get better soon and that the mojo and energy return! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope 2011 just gets better and better for you. Lovely chrissy cards, I'm sure you will come up with lovely birthday cards and look forward to a peek.
    Sandra#66

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope things improve for you soon. I can sympathise with the freezing problems - our boiler froze just before Christmas (how can something that is supposed to keep you and your house warm freeze up - what a rotten design), and caused one of the upstairs outlet pipes to freeze too. Happily, 37 kettles of hot water and a hair dryer freed things up, then we used all my stash of bubblewrap to insulate everything, Our daughter had 4 inches of water in her back porch when the drain froze then started to melt. That together with heavy colds/flu does not make the start of 2011 go too well.

    Never mind, I have every excuse to amble upstairs and do some gentle crafting. I hope all your trials and tribulations soon come to an end, and you can get down to the important things of life - trying out all those new crafting goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a terrible time you had - surely it can only get better and here's wishing you a speedy recovery. Your cards are lovely, you achieved the country look you were going for I think. I'd like to wish you a better time ahead and all the best. Elizabeth #76

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds horrible! Hope you are up and running very soon. Love those pages you did.
    Tertia 122

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been so unlucky, so I hope the rest of 2011 brings you only good things. Lovely creations! Hope you are feeling better soon.
    Sue xx 50

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's to a better new year. Thanks for the peek and sharing. Hugs, Marjo #23

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you are well on the way to feeling yourself again. What a horrible time you all had. Thanks for taking the time to share with us. Cute cards also. #95

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg!! you have been unlucky! Touch wood our boiler which is as old as the house, has never gone wrong, pipes have never leaked...although the washing machine out let did get blocked once. Hope things are back to normal now, Lovely cards.
    Happy WOYWW!
    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope this year will be 'your' year and that it will bring you good things. The cards are lovely and you can't go wrong with such pretty patchwork.
    Have a good day
    Sue xx 67

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yikes, sounds like 2010 went out with a bang, really hope 2011 is a good year. Pretty little cards too.

    Hugs
    Brenda 100

    ReplyDelete
  12. 2010 sure did go out with a bang for you and hopefully your 2011 is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh I really sympathise with all those problems. You could really do without them at this time of year. I hope they are sorted and soon become a bad memory to forget.
    Love your cards.
    joZarty x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Here's to better luck in this new year. Sweet card. Thanks for the peek and sharing. Happy WOYWW, hugs Marjo #10

    ReplyDelete
  15. sorry to hear about all your bad luck and fingers crossed it improves in 2011
    what fab fun cards
    Debbi #39

    ReplyDelete
  16. 2011 has to be better ...what an end to 2010 ...poor you. I love those cards

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful cards. 2011 will be better!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope 2011 turns out to be a great year! Your cards are fantastic.
    Tertia 110

    ReplyDelete