Saturday, 15 January 2011

Yippee!! My First Easel Cards!

I love 'em!  I wanted to do something different for my two lovely daughters' birthdays (31 & 29 - strange names, eh?! LOL!)  Anyway, recuperating from this xxxxx chest infection in front of Create & Craft this week, thought "Aha!  Just what I was looking for.

Anyway, this was one result (other one very similar but stuck in envelope before I remembered to photo it - drat!

 I used the Oriental BP, stamps & sticky ribbons I bought from Dunelm Mill a few months ago, together with some Christmas BP for her paper-pieced costume (also a first for me) and 3D'd the girl and fans to create some interest.  Can't wait to try some more types of card shapes!

I want to submit this for the Trying Something New challenge over at Sweet Stamping http://sweetstampinchallengeblog.blogspot.com/2011/01/try-something-different.html - hope I'm in time!
And for - Let's Ink it Up - Anything goes, Ai Factory - Anything goes
Pattie's Creations - Anything goes, Stamp Something - Anything goes
And there's more - http://colorthrowdown.blogspot.com/
http://cleanandsimplestamping.blogspot.com/2011/01/123.html I hope it's not too fussy for this one), http://craftyannschallengeblog.blogspot.com/2011/01/challenge-32.html

15 comments:

  1. FAb easel card, great stamping. Thanks for joining us at LIIU, Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, I love oriental cards and this one is fab!! Thanks for joining us at LIIU and good luck!
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back again but this card is well worth a second look! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's too
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic easel card - now you've got started with them you won't want to stop! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Ann's, and if you fancy doing some other shaped easel cards I have some free templates here - just pop over and help yourself.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chrysalis - Beautiful job on your first easel card! Don't you just love the look of an easel.
    Well Done!
    Thanks for playing in our challenge!
    ☺ Sandi
    DT Lead Team 1 for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
    and Pattie's shop
    Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining us on the Pattie's Creations Design Challenge this week! Your creation is so very elegant and I love the theme!
    JenLee
    Pattie's Creations Design Team 2 Lead

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice use of the colors! Thanks for playing along in the Color Throwdown with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty card! Love the image too, Thanks for joining us this week at Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge.
    hugs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely images and scene you created! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely design, thanks for playing along with us at AiF. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty work! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So adorable! Fabulous job on your first easel!! :) Thanks for joining with us at Stamp Something!!HUGs

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful card, love the colours and all details, it's perfect.

    Hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful first easel card well done. Thanks for sharing with us at Let's Ink It Up.
    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Chrysalis came back for another mooch and became a follower because I know what it's like when you first start to blog, I know I still get a buzz when I see I have a new follower.
    Sentimental Sundays has a challenge on for an oriental theme, I think this card would be great for it.
    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete