Wednesday, 23 February 2011

WOYWW Part 2

Here is the anniversary card I've just finished.  I used a free digistamp from the wonderful Cora at http://digitaltuesday.blogspot.com/  Thanks, Cora, for all your hard (and mostly unsung) work! xx

I was a bit too heavy-handed with the dark green distress ink but am happy with it, on the whole.  It's not as gloomy in real life.  The sentiment was PC generated.  I've started a notebook with scriptures and other sentiments that might come in useful.  I used sari ribbon that I've had for years - only cost pennies for miles of it, and they come in such delicious colours.  Although this looks very blue in the pic, it's actuallly a mix of the lighter blue and green on the card.  The silver in the ribbon and behind the tag lifts the whole thing.

Back to the baby cards now ...  xx

Aaargggggggggghhhhh!!!!!  Got so carried away, I forgot to note the challenges I wanted to enter this one for - hope I've got them all here -
masculine colours at http://papersundaes.blogspot.com/2011/02/paper-sundaes-challenge-57-masculine.html
Dude time at http://craftyourpassionchallenges.blogspot.com/2011/02/challenge-46-dude-time-doodles.html
masculine at http://karensdoodleschallengeblog.blogspot.com/2011/02/karens-doodles-challenge-51-masculine.html
One for the men at http://craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.com/2011/02/challenge-70-one-for-men.html

Phew!! x

16 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Lovely colour combination. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love the design and the colours you've used.
    If you haven't been yet please pop over to our blog shop, leave us a comment and be in with the chance to win a crafter's apron.

    http://sisterscraftycreations.blogspot.com/

    Good luck.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ya
    a gorgeous anniversary card, lovely colours,,have great day, happy WOYWW, sue,x(18)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I've just spent a lovely 10 minutes browsing your blog. Thank you for your visit to mine and your lovely comment. Love your anniversary card (men's cards are sooo difficult) and I often revert to sea themed/sailing ships for mens cards. I think your background colours work very well and love the sari ribbon. You must have had it a long time because round here it costs the earth in the only shop I have found it in. It's so beautiful though isn't it!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful Anniversary card:)...Thanks for joining us at Karen's Doodles this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the anniversary card Chris, absolutely wonderful sentiment.

    Hugs
    Brenda 103

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, I love the background and the colour scheme just fabbie!!
    Thank you for joining us at Craft your Passion this week. Good luck in the draw..
    Hugs
    Tamara
    P.s Want to see more of your creation so became a follower :D
    Posh Cat Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the color combination on this! Just Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful anniversary card:O)
    Thank you for joining Karen's Doodles, good luck!
    Hugs, Nancy;O)

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely card and fab colours. Thanks for joining us at Paper sundaes this week.

    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's gorgeous - I love all things about the sea and ships, so this is definitely my kind of card (fab colours too). Thank you so much for the lovely comments on my blog.

    Bernie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. very nice card! Thanks for sharing. Vickie #148

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great colours on your card - I keep a file on my PC for sentiments that way i can copy and paste them into word to change fonts etc (and stops me making so many mistakes with spellings!)~ thanks for sharing ~ Nicky no.4

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great colors!~ Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the colours on this card, and how they all blend in. The sentiment is really lovely, think I might have to jot that one down!
    Thankyou for leaving such a lovely comment on my blog.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful... I love the blue & greens and the sentiment is so sweet! THANKS for joining us at Karen's Doodles this week!!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete