Wednesday, 23 March 2011

WOYWW Kimonos - Part 2

Back again!  Here is my first finished card, and the colours shows better here.  I mounted the kimono onto acetate and put it in the aperture of a ready-made card.  It looked odd from the inside (showing underneath of BP) so I covered the sleeves with more paper.  I can't cut shapes for toffee, so when I cut paper to cover the inside, the oval was all over the place, so I added some glitter glue there - and to the front of the kimono. 


The inside - showing more splodgy glitter glue in the attempt to hide my cr--py cutting.  What I should have done was to have mounted the aperture cut-out (on the right) onto card which I could have stuck back in the aperture, using foam pads to give a 3D effect, and just stuck the kimono to that, from the front - simples!  Doh! 

11 comments:

  1. What a pretty card - and I shouldnt worry about the cutting - I wouldnt have noticed if you hadnt have said... Happy WOYWW - hugs - Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thursday. I'm just doing a very quick blog dash to make sure all our WOYWW friends get the heads up on the BIG celebration draw over in our blog shop. Please excuse this copied and pasted message but it's the only way I can get round you all this week. If you check out my blog you will see what's keeping me busy :-)

    Shop draw http://sisterscraftycreations.blogspot.com/

    Good luck,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting and unusual card. Well done.
    Hugs, Sandra #14

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card - I just love the colours too!

    Remember to hop over to my blog if you'd like to win some blog candy. I'm celebrating one whole year of blogging :) Di x

    ReplyDelete
  5. that kimona looks absolutely stunning now on the acetate. It really sings.
    Another beautiful morning here again so I am half tempted to go a gardening but that would mean I won't have quite as much time to craft and I have cakes to make as the tins are empty. Oh - decisions, decisions.
    Have a good day.
    x Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  6. very lovely there Chrysalis adore those magic colours and happy WOYWW !running late cos my connection was down..but back on air after 24 hours off ..did I miss it!! arrg.. yes!!!
    Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just lovely! Nice work and fabulous colours. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Chrysalis, your kimono card is just beautiful - love the colours. Have a great weekend. Elizabeth x #27

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning and I think the glitter is gorgeous - you can never have too much glitter :D)
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. very pretty card and awesome idea! I would never have noticed anything if you hadn't pointed it out. Sorry I am so late making it around but last week was very busy. Thanks for sharing. Vickie #162

    ReplyDelete