Wednesday, 2 March 2011

WOYWW - More goodies!

No crafting yet today - lots of washing (catching up from weekend away) and a visit this morning, to encourage and be encouraged by my crafting friend Una.  It's great having blog friends to share with, but it's also SO inspiring to visit peeps in the flesh.  I was able to take the great cards that Julia sent, to show her, plus a couple of things I had two of, and come back with all this stash that she had doubles of!  How great is that?!

I was really happy to receive a butterfly and a border punch, as well as several sentiment stamps and some wooden animals, hearts etc that I need to find a use for.  In return I was able to explain how to use a couple of craft CDs she had been given, since I'm more techie than she is.

A friend's sister is a vicar, and he took my cards to show her.  She's apparently always on the lookout for nice sympathy cards, as she has to do so many funerals, and bought over a dozen!  I'll now start making a steady supply for her.

Back here later if I get a chance to make some cards xx

11 comments:

  1. Enjoy your visit with your friend, it is always nice to have a natter and a good catch up!
    Have a great WOYWW,
    Karen #68

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chrysalis . . .thanks for calling at my blog earlier. I can highly recommend chicken keeping!They make you laugh with their antics, get you out in the garden more and aren't too difficult or expensive to keep (after the initial set up costs). I've only had my 2 girls for 10 months and don't regret it for a minute (well, except for the amount of garden trashing they do, but I've just about got that under control now!).
    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every negative has a positive - good luck with the sympathy cards!

    Don't forget to pop over to our shop and put your name down in the next gift draw.
    http://sisterscraftycreations.blogspot.com/
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always find Sympathy cards so difficult to do. I have had to make quite a few lately as alot of my Hubby's family are getting (or not) to that sort of age.

    Happy Crafting

    Hettie #135

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh....great punches and stamps. Thanks for allowing us to peek today. Happy WOYWW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stash. Have fun visiting with your friend. Thanks for sharing Vickie #49

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh well done, a double whammy of success! Nice to have some new stuff to play with huh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Late linking up as have been away for 3 days.
    3am is quite early for me really. Actually went to bed at 6am as I got side tracked doing something else. Love those wooden rams you have.
    Wonder what you will conjure up with them.
    Hugs Mrs A. #76

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely things you got and I am sure she is equally excited with all the things she got from you. I had the pleasure to meet a blogging friend face to face thia week and find it amazing that there was no awkward silence. in fact we chatted like we had been friends for years.
    Happy belated WOYWW

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fair exchange is no robbery as they say. I'm rather late getting round this week. Hugs lin

    ReplyDelete