Wednesday, 9 March 2011

WOYWW - Woman on a Mission - and some history!

On a roll today!  No time for crafting, unless I get everything finished with some spare time tonight - if I do, I'll be back here!

Wed is my day off from paid work - and I'm busier than when at work!  I need to get two assignments done for my course on Saturday, so I started the housework by stripping the bed at 7.30, getting the washing on and all the ironing finished by 9am, thank goodness.  I'll work on the assignments until lunchtime, when I'm popping round to my lovely friend Helen.  We're arranging a fundraising party for our charity Touch 1000 Lives, which should be good fun.  After lunch I'll get back to the written work and be ready for our friends Julian and Kay who usually come to tea on Wednesdays.

Anyway, back to WOYWW (if you don't know, go to the lovely Julia at http://stamping-ground.blogspot.com/ and see what everyone else is up to).  We went to visit my Mum and my sister who lives nearby, at the weekend, and Angela and I were looking through old photos.  One of the things I'm going to do once I've finished my course, is to copy and frame old family photos and put them on the wall going up the stairs.  These are a few that I came back home with.

The beauty on the left is my second daughter, Kate, the middle one is my aunt Joan who died last year in her mid-80s and Mum and Dad are on the right.  Mum is now 86.

I've got loads of pics going back to the late 1800s and it's great fun trying to identify everyone.  For instance, this is my great grandmother on my father's side - I'd love to have met her!





While this next formidable character was my great, great grandmother on Mum's side.

These two were my great grandmother on Mum's side (on the right) with her sister.

Anyway, I could get carried away with this but I'm going to get back to the grindstone - see you later! I hope to visit as many of you as I can, tonight x

19 comments:

  1. What lovely old photos - great! Wishing you a good day - know how busy a free day can be. greetings from Ludlow.

    Thanks for the peek and sharing,

    Sarah (sasa at 4)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love old photographs too. You have some amazing ones there. When you have copied them you will be able to incorporate them into all sorts of art work.
    Sue xx 72

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos thanks for sharing with us. Love Cynthia x # 105

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I love old photos. Get scrapping copies of them!
    K
    #124

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fabulous photos! thanks for sharing, they are lovely Shaz #118

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful family photographs, and how marvellous that you know who they all are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely family photographs. Lucky that you can go back so far. We are a bit short of family memrobilia as my Gran destroyed them all - they weren't important in those days.
    Thanks for sharing.
    x Tricia (60)

    ReplyDelete
  8. FAB photos. You are so lucky to be able to get hold of so many.
    Hugs
    Hettie # 116

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh, Wednesday is hardly a day off for you! Am really impressed that your Mum has such old photos still...they are to be treasured and will look great on your walls!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome photos! Your great-great-grandmother looks as tough as mine did! I think they thought it was promiscuous to smile back in those days. Sounds like you had a very busy day there! Thanks for sharing! Vickie #69

    ReplyDelete
  11. Howdy,
    Neat heritage photos and thanks for the peek - happy WOYWW!

    Meanwhile, would love for you to stop by my blog when you have a moment or 2. Also, a giveaway is coming soon!

    Peace,
    LuLu
    www.lulu-too-beaucoup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great photos. TFS.
    Playing catch-up on my visits.
    Hugs, Sandra (WOYWW no. 59)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow...you have some real treasures there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What fabulous old photo so precious x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love family photo galleries, good luck getting yours done.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome family treasuresThanks for the peek and sharing, hugs Marjo #6.
    .

    ReplyDelete
  17. So much history - thanks for showing. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love these old photos, both for our ancestry interest, and also for the historical interest in photography. I've got a few which I treasure too.
    Ros. (77)...still doing the rounds.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely looking through photos will look great displayed ~ sorry I'm running late this week on noseing round the desks lol - Nicky no.2

    ReplyDelete