Wednesday, 27 April 2011

Flowers - edible and otherwise

Life is all flowers at the mo, but unfortunately not a card in sight!  Every available surface in the spare room has been overtaken by trays of cottage garden flower seeds (hope no-one wants to stay over for the next few weeks!)


Half my work table is covered with the new plans for the garden.  Hope to do the hard landscaping in a couple of weeks' time - in the meantime, I keep adding/altering things!




Meet Geraldine - six of her friends from the hen rescue society will hopefully soon take up residence at the far end of the garden.  I can't wait!

Back indoors, the other half of the work table contains the W.I.P. icing roses for the cake after my daughter Jenny's service this Saturday, when she and Andy renew their wedding vows.  I'll post pics of the finished cake, and the 'do', after the weekend.


Really enjoying my 2 week break from work - a little too much!  Suddenly woke at 1.30am to realise I'd missed a meeting last night with three friends - my days blur at the edges when I'm on hols - must text to apologise!  I'm a bit too early to join in on WOYWW yet this week, but enjoy your trip round the other WOYWW contributions, courtesy of the hilarious Mrs Dunnit -
http://stamping-ground.blogspot.com/ once everyone is awake! 

Love for now xx

10 comments:

  1. haha love the turkey! Thanks for the peek and sharing, bunches of hugs Marjo #18. Have a great WOYWW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots and lots to keep you busy!
    HAPPY WOYWW - Andria #29

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope all your seeds grow and you enjoy the rest of your time off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun post - Geraldine is a hoot!

    Thanks for the peek - enjoy your week!

    Sarah at 8.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such agreat peek as I don't do any of those things... the cakes or the planting. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the feeling that Geraldine is going to be quite a character- she has that sort of face, doesn't she? Happy WOYWW, Shaz #76

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spring has sprung! Hope your plants do too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for making me smile, Geraldine is so cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow you are the busy one this week! I have started planting and luckily I have been able to do most of it outdoors with only a few trays. Love the roses you are making for your DD affirmation! Geraldine is awesome. 6 hens next week! I wish I could have chickens but the old man next store would have a stroke! Thanks for sharing. Vickie aka okienurse #35

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have been busy and it looks like your garden will keep you busy for a while yet! Looking forward to seeing the finished cake.

    ReplyDelete