Saturday, 9 April 2011

Welcome!

Hi All - just wanted to welcome Nancy to our happy band.  Feel honoured that someone who writes such a great blog (http://happyheart-nancyljk.blogspot.com/) wants to see what I get up to.  Anyway - welcome Nancy!  Isn't it great how the internet can join so many people together in the fun way, across the globe?!  There are a lot of cons to technology - but this is definitely one of the pros.

I've come back reeling from a day full of study in Oxford on my pastoral training course.  It's always a very long, full day - a friend picks me up at 7.30am, we sit through talks from 9am to 5pm, then arrive home around 6.45pm - having talked almost non-stop, there and back! 

We are working our way through Psalm 23 (The Lord is my shepherd) during the year.  This morning was spent listening to a wonderful exposition of the verse "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me".  I had always assumed this meant physical danger/death but apparently, in the original Hebrew it means deep gloom, which threw a completely new light on it for me.  I'm definitely no academic scholar but I could listen all day to the man teaching us - fascinating, with loads of anecdotes and interesting facts, and not at all heavy.

Then after a session on demolishing strongholds, this afternoon we were looking at stress management with a  doctor and his wife, a counsellor - fantastic stuff but my head is buzzing!  They manage to pack such a lot into one day.

I was hoping to get down to the Easter cards tonight, ready to sell tomorrow after church, but I'm bushed.  I hope that next Sunday won't be too late for them.

Night night, All xx

No comments:

Post a Comment