Thursday, 11 August 2011

Friday on My Mind

I'm linking this post to Rhonda's Friday on My Mind slot over at http://down---to---earth.blogspot.com/2011/08/on-my-mind_12.html

It's amazing how quickly things grow - the pond is beginning to look quite established, and I only finished planting it last weekend! The second photo shows a close-up of the water hawthorn - went in 2 wks ago, has gained at least 6" to reach the surface, & produced 2 flowers since.


 The beds are looking a bit sparse, but I'm resisting the temptation to fill them, only to have to move lots when they spread out next year (she says hopefully!)


 The idea is that, eventually, everything will spill out onto the paths and look more natural and 'cottagey'.


Thank you SO MUCH to the very generous Doreen Hamilton (http://ayearinanangleseywildflowermeadow.blogspot.com/) for the huge pack of wild flower seeds that arrived in the post this week, ready for the community wild flower meadow I'm hoping to start on some spare land behind our garden, once I get some neighbours in on the idea.

Finished off the evening with chatting with my daughter Kate, as we peeled & chopped loads of windfall pears, ready to make chutney when I get back from our holiday in Scotland - thanks Kate! xx

Night, All xx

8 comments:

  1. Oh I love the pond and the flowers you're planting. I hope you'll post more pictures as things grow more because I bet it'll all be beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine, I love the pond. It's just right for frogs jumping in and out. I'd love a bucket full of pears. Enjoy your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely little garden you have! I started a balcony garden recently. Good luck with your gardening and enjoy all the pretty colours!

    Visiting you from Rhonda's link up :)

    Blessings,
    This Good Life
    http://this-good-life.blogspot.com/2011/08/on-my-mind-travellers-prayer.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pond is beautiful! Once all your plants get established it will be stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting from Rhonda's. What a lovely garden you are creating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pond, it's all gonna look beautiful as it matures

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Chris~ I love your wonderful pond and chutney! Mmmmm, my mouth is watering.
    Thanks for coming to visit. (My blog is definitely taking the back seat right now with all of Life to live and do). I'll bookmark yours and come back for a bit of inspiration when I can.
    Have a wonderful holiday time in Scotland......I was there many years ago and loved Wick and the highlands. I have a wish to return!
    All the best to you.
    ~C.

    ReplyDelete