Saturday, 17 December 2011

I didn't realise the Christmas tree was drunk

... until I took a pic from this angle!  It looks ok straight on.

The chimney breast looks very anaemic in this, using a flash, but is actually Homebase 'Caramel Cream' which is a nice soft shade.  See my 2011 Christmas extravagance?  The new wooden NOEL from Aldi for a grand total of £1.99!!  I've only opened one Christmas present in advance - there was a lovely spicey smell coming from a little package, and it was a pot pourri sachet to hang on the tree.  So, even though ours is artificial, we still have a Christmassy scent in the room - thanks, Hilary!

Starting to get into the Christmas spirit this weekend - younger DD and partner came tthis afternoon for their Christmas visit, and we've just watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.  We watch a Christmas film each day this week, finishing with Alastair Sims's Scrooge on Christmas Eve.  Tomorrow we're off to older DD and hubby for the afternoon, and join their church pre-Christmas service at 5pm.

Off to bed now as it takes some time for me to rally in the mornings after my night time tablets, and I need to be ready to go to church for our Christmas guest service at 10.15am. 

Love to all xx

No comments:

Post a Comment