Friday, 2 December 2011

On My Mind - Sew Much To Do!

This is a Friday photo feature that anyone with a blog can join. To take part, post a photo on your own blog, write a short caption explaining it, and link it back from your blog by saying you're part of "On my mind". Please write a new post, don't link to an older one. When you've done that, go back to Rhonda at http://down---to---earth.blogspot.com/2011/12/on-my-mind.html and add a comment, with a link to your blog.

I love days like this - no deadlines and the housework up to date, and loads of ideas buzzing around.

I finished the blanket for our new godson Reuben, we met him and had a lovely cuddle, and handed it over last Saturday.
I was very happy with the way it ended up, considering it was all from my stash - the multi-coloured yarn really pulled it together and made it looked planned (heehee!)  His Mum Esther has asked me for some ideas for making things to sell while she is on maternity leave, and that has sent the old grey matter into overdrive.  I want to rustle up a couple of little handmades to suggest, for Sunday. 


However, in the meantime, there's the Christmas wallhanging that I've started playingwith (my first attempt at quilting - let's just say it's a steep learning curve, and leave it at that!) 






I had the crazy idea of hand embroidering on the batting, and framing it with quilting but made the mistake of cutting the paper template to finished size, not allowing for seam, and then got in a pickle - if I finish it before throwing it out of the window, I'll show you a pic.


Then there's the pullover I started for DH last weekend.  My head was still a bit muzzy from the antidepressants I was on (now taken off them as the GP realised they were making me very odd - even more than usual) so I'd plumped for a rather boring ribbed pattern, rather than a complicated cable.  I'm feeling heaps better now but since I've got this far I'll carry on with it and make him something more adventurous afterwards.  At least he stands some chance of wearing a simple one this Christmas rather than next!!




However, DH persuaded me I was getting a bit paranoid about all the stuff I was determined to make for Christmas, said everyone could have them for birthdays, if at all, and carted me off to the library to choose some diverting books, so now I might even just put my feet up today, and find out who dunnit!


If you haven't read any Ann Granger, I thoroughly recommend her Victorian detective novels.


Love to all for now - don't forget to pop over and see who else has visited Rhonda today. xx


2 comments:

  1. Hi Chrysalis
    Thank you so much for leaving such a lovely comment on my blog. I've enjoyed reading your blog as well! I love your crocheted 'blankie'. I do a chevron design rug/throw/blanket that I use all the oddments and leftover yarns...but mine is knitted. Over the years I've made so many of them for charity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd never have thought those colors weren't planned -- it looks great!

    ReplyDelete