Wednesday, 7 March 2012

WOYWW - just in time!

Hi - I didn't think I'd get back on here tonight, but I got home from a meeting earlier than I expected.

I don't know about you, but Spring certainly zips me up and I seem to get loads done.  I now only go to work in the mornings, so this afternoon I moved the settee into the conservatory, to make the most of sunny days (I hope they stay for a while!)  This is it's place until next Winter starts to bite.  I then sat knitting, watching the courting couple in our garden (don't panic - only pigeons!)  There he was, strutting his stuff and she just turned up her beak, playing hard to get.

The jumper on the seat is the one I finished at 7.10pm this evening (I went out at 7.20!!) so that DH could wear it when he went out with the lads tonight, to celebrate a birthday.

I get really excited when I finish a project (especially a big one like this) and have now got out the next on the list.  DD2 has asked me to knit a cowl and fingerless gloves, and I found this in Wilkinsons -


It doesn't look much in this light, but is actually a lovely delicate lilac, which will go great with her black coat.

I don't make NY resolutions but I have promised myself that for every new project I start, I'll finish another WIP.  Here's the next one -


 I fell in love with blackwork when I first saw it, and got quite a lot done - that top section is almost complete, and I now need to do the filling on the middle part.

But - hang my head in shame - see the date on the bottom part, that I started it!  That'll teach me to be premature with the personalizing!!  Some unpicking needed there, methinks!  However, now I've come out of the closet, you can hold me to this, and I'll post progress.  I've got a sneaky feeling that I bought a second, similar kit at the time, that never got started, but I'm determined not to look for that, at least until this one is complete.

 I really have all the bad habits of a butterfly - here's a candlewick project I finished about 5 years ago, and still haven't had framed!

Another 'hold me to it' moment - I'll get it done by Easter!

Night night for now x

3 comments:

  1. Lots of projects in the making, Love the jumper its great when a project is finished,, Have a good week, Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for my snoop! You have a chicken for your pic and not a teddy?! I like chickens... Have a great crafty week. Happy WOYWW!
    ((Lyn)) #26

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow lots of fab projects! Keep going you'll finish them I'm sure. Take care & enjoy this week's WOYWW, it's now Friday & I'm still snooping! Zo xx 60

    ReplyDelete