Wednesday, 14 March 2012

WOYWW A little bit of this and a little bit of that ...

... truly a flutterby week!

The weather was so lovely at the weekend, I spent most of it in the garden.  I managed to plant my broad beans and onions, then clean out the greenhouse, ready for germinating seeds in trays, followed by the tomatoes.  I finished the hair cut for one plum tree and did about 1/2 the other one.  By that time my arms were killing me and DH has offered to finish the other 1/2, bless his cotton socks!  It's probably too late really, as I've had to be careful not to knock the blossom off, but if I leave it til next year, I won't be able to reach the branches at all.

Indoors, I've been using zig zag stitch to put fabric letters onto a sheet - I'll take a pic on Saturday, to show you.  I'm so glad I had the sewing machine serviced, and can use it so much now.

I've started DD2s fingerless gloves - a great pattern by Marlene at http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/knitting/Accessory/Easy-Two-Needle-Fingerless-Mitts/5102 using two ordinary knitting needles, rather than DP ones. 

They're a joy to whizz up after DHs Man Mountain jumper!

I am going to customize them, though, by adding covers to pull over to make complete mittens (I'll post a pic later, if that doesn't make sense).

My day off today and so far I've done washing & got it out, cleaned the bathroom and straightened the bedroom, cleaned the sewing/computer/junk room, been to Sew & Sews (my craft/Bible Study group), dropped off a load of stuff to a charity shop, made a banana loaf, am now sitting at the PC - and it's still only 3pm!  The reason for the hasty cleaning wasn't that I'm particularly houseproud but that the blind man (fabric, not optically challenged!) said he'd be here 1-2pm to measure up for new vertical blinds to the front of the house.  I couldn't believe it when my friend told me this company do three windows for £99!!  I've really missed my lace curtains since having double glazing fitted - feel like we're living in a goldfish bowl!  They're coming to fit them next Tuesday, so I expect that will mean another mad dash round the house to tidy up!

Again, I'm posting this on Tuesday in time for WOYWW over at Julia's Stamping Ground blog.  Pop over and visit all the great stuff there.

Love for now, Chris x

4 comments:

  1. Aw, blind man LOL, and blimmin cheap too! You have been busy...please send me some of whatever you're on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear your sewing machine is getting some action. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the mittens and thank you for the link Fab!!! you have been a busy bee inside and outside, Have a good week, Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you've been busy! Hey ho it's Friday but I'm still snooping the WOYWW desks & loving every minute of it! Take care Zo xx 33

    ReplyDelete