Wednesday, 28 March 2012

WOYWW - Never Say Die!

Thanks for all the encouraging comments, folks - you do me a power of good!

I didn't keep to my hour in the garden promise yesterday and what with that and eating all the wrong things today so that I didn't want my proper meals (grr!) I was starting to feel sorry for myself.  However, I determined not to finish the day in the same vein, so I got out and

weeded from the house to the pear tree (1/2 way down the border).  You can just see the orange blossom on the chaenomeles (type of quince, I think) and


the pear tree is just beginning to show its blossom (sorry for fuzzy image).

Down in the henhouse DH discovered some more bad news.  There was an empty shell with a very neat hole bitten out of one end - rats?  We know there are lots on the allotment site that backs on to our garden.  Anyway, we will need to be very vigilant, and collect the eggs asap after laying.

All this outside activity (and work this morning) meant that there's not much to show on the work table today.  Thanks for visiting, and I'll pop over to see as many of you as I can, via Mrs Dunnitt at http://stamping-ground.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/whats-on-your-workdesk-wednesday-147.html

Bye for now,

Chris x

7 comments:

  1. WOW you have been busy out in your garden and how lovely to see the fruit tree beginning to blossom :)

    Take care and have a fab WOYWW, Luv Karen xx #91

    ReplyDelete
  2. No matter how many times I see spring arrive, it never gets old. We're hoping our lilac bushes still flower later on in the spring, since our week of summer-like weather (that encouraged them to begin setting buds) was followed by a cold blast of winter temperatures again. Happy Wednesday from #152. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris! What a beautiful post! Ne'er mind the work desk. It's your work space that matters!!! The flowering pear looks just like the blossom buds that a bird I am working on is sitting on (I thought it was a pussy willow in the illustration but the pear blossom might be more accurate). Anyway,love your blog! *smiles* Norma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! You busy wee bee in the garden you have done a great job, Have a happy week, Hugs May x x x No14

    ReplyDelete
  5. Creativity in the garden, fab weeding! Take care & enjoy snooping the WOYWW desks, it's now Thursday but I'm still nosing! Zo xx 74

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to see someone working in the garden - will look forward to seeing the fruits of your labour later.
    Hugs, Neet #5 (who has candy on her blog) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pictures from your garden, I love that the blossom is starting to put in an appearance. Happy belated WOYWW x
    Sophie no.183

    ReplyDelete