Tuesday, 6 March 2012

WOYWW - Spring is in the air!

The sun is out, the sky is blue, there's not a cloud to spoil the view...... but it's certainly not raining in my heart!  Last night I finally finished knitting the jumper for DH that I started before Christmas.  I just need to sew it up later in the week.  It's dragged on, but partly because my flutterby tendencies sometimes got the better of me.  Whilst knitting, I've

experimented with crocheted pot covers (compliments of the lovely Lisa at Attic 24)


tried my hand at crocheted (also Lisa) flower and fabric brooches


and made a load of fabric bunting from my stash.  So, you see it's not all the jumper's fault it's taken so long!
Today has been beautiful here - especially as it was my day off.  I've got three lots of washing done and dried outside (don't you just love to see washing blowing in the breeze?!)  Then I was merrily pruning a plum tree in the hedge bordering my allotment when - drat - the rope came off the loppers and I can't see how it goes back on.

It looks a bit odd with only half a haircut but will have to wait til Saturday when the loppers are fixed.

I did the pear tree a couple of weeks ago, and do it each year to keep it all reasonably within reach.


One the leaves are on, it makes a lovely umbrella shape - ideal for sitting in the shade during all the lovely summer days to come (she says, hopefully!)

Having given up on the pruning, I shifted a pile of timber (where does it all come from?) and dug a big bucket of fresh weeds - the girls were in their element, as they luurrrvve these - not to mention the woodlice and slugs from the half-covered timber.

I just love this time of the year - lots of little surprise gems in the garden if you look hard, with the promise of things to come.

I'll finish off with a pic of Rosie doing her parrot impression, on DH's shoulder!

I know it's not quite Wednesday here yet, but it is somewhere.  I won't get a chance to post all this in the morning.  I'm adding it to all the WOYWW blogs over with Mrs Dunnit at http://stamping-ground.blogspot.com/2012/03/whats-on-your-workdesk-wednesday-144.html.  Make sure you get over and visit some great blogs.

Chris x

6 comments:

  1. A fab post, I love those crochet flowers and a pretty colourful pot cover :)

    Have a great WOYWW and a fab week, Luv Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pot cover! So colorful. And the crochet flowers with the buttons are adorable. Love the photos - spring IS on the way. And last, the cats are too precious. They look nice and cozy. Happy Wednesday. - Tammy #118

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your post I am now a follower congrats on your liebster award much deserved! love the pics spring is coming, and the furrballs are so cute little Rosie is soooo sweet, Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab post with some great pics! Take care, enjoy this WOYWW, it's now Thursday afternoon & I'm still doing the snooping bit, all but in shifts! Zo xx 60

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice to read on your sidebar about why you chose your blog name!

    My fave picture is the chickens in the garden...obviously enjoying their feast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the kitties on your hubby! Too funny as 12 have 15 cats and it reminds us of feeding the pigeons on Trafalgar Square! I'm late at getting around from WOYWW, but it's so hard to get to everyone in a day. I just joined your blog. Join me too if you like and sign on for my give away.

    ReplyDelete