Wednesday, 25 April 2012

WOYWW

I had a lovely meal out with my friends Helen, Liz and Mary - thanks, girls! - last night, and they surprised my with this pretty crab apple tree for my birthday.

Thank you so much - it's really beautiful.  With the April showers we're having just now, not to mention the March winds that have suddenly come back - it's going to stay somewhere cool in the house, in the hope it can keep its blossom for as long as possible.

My war wound has scuppered the decorating plans for another couple of days so, in the meantime, as I can't get outdoors, I'm going to give the house a good going over but, in between jobs, I'm wrestling to get to grips with the crochet roses over at Apple Blossom Time http://appleblossomdreams.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/cal-granny-rose-week-2-of-5.html  I couldn't master them from the pics but managed by using the video, step by step.  They are really worth trying as they're very pretty.  You can see on more recent posts over there, what some clever crafters have come up with - really lovely!

Anyway, can't put off the housework any more.  I'm putting this on WOYWW, with the lovely Julia, over  at http://stamping-ground.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/whats-on-your-workdesk-wednesday-151.html  If you've got time, why not make yourself a cuppa and pop over there for a browse at what others are up to today?

Lots of love,

Chris x

8 comments:

  1. That tree looks like it wants to bear lots of fruit. How is the purple sprouting, ready for another cut? #55

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Polly - yes, I'm hoping it will have some if I keep it indoors until these fierce winds stop. The purple sprouting is ready to provide another meal - thanks for telling me!

      Delete
  2. Love the crab apple tree and happy birthday!

    Happy WYOWW-- just to let you know, there is a problem with the link but I found you anyway!

    Nadia 117

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes...it says you don't exist! Thank you for my snoop! Have a lovely crafty week!
    Happy WOYWW!
    ((Lyn))
    Late this week! #102


    oops second time,those codes are sooo fuzzy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to you, belated I am sorry and I really cant go by without saying it, I love the crab apple tree, it is so strong and healthy and looks much better inside than out ATM.

    Eliza #26

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the tree too BJ#51

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty tree! Take care, am still working my way through the list, doing so in stints and making sure I have snacks to munch! Zo xx 77

    ReplyDelete
  7. That really is a beautiful tree. My mom used to have them in her garden when Ìwas growing up. Seeing it brought back many happy memories.

    ReplyDelete