Wednesday, 11 April 2012

Not so much WOYWW

- more what's in your potting shed?!  I spent most of my 5 days Easter holiday in the garden and managed to get loads of weeding done, plus putting in all the new plants bought last week.  Down at the bottom of the garden, the beds are ready for new veggies to go in.

The nearest bed has got broad beans in, and when the hail storms stop flying over, I'll sow the peas on this side and later, when they're big enough, with no danger of frost, put the runner beans down the middle.

The second bed has got onions in the right hand side and purple sprouting on the left.  I'd never grown (or eaten) this before, and don't think I will grow it again (I was given these plants).  They take up a lot of space and, if what they sell on the market is right, you only eat the purple florets. 
The other two beds are waiting for the rest of these to go in them


so I'm off now, in to the lean-to shed to my potting table (aka the chest freezer!) to pot them up.

I hope you don't get caught out by this very changeable weather!  Don't forget to visit Mrs Dunnit and all the lovely bloggers over at http://stamping-ground.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/whats-on-your-workdesk-wednesday-149.html

Love for now

8 comments:

  1. A desk of another kind! Good luck with your planting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes you just have to get outside, don't you? So much to be done at this time of year...Suzanne #96

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely outside work space!

    #148

    ReplyDelete
  4. there's just something about getting your hands in dirt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great veg beds,will be keeping you busy
    have a fab crafty week
    happy woyww
    kay#70

    ReplyDelete
  6. You don't like purple sprouting?!! We fight over it in our house, much better flavour than broccolli (sp). And it is cut and come again I have enough plants to cut every day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab pics, you've been busy. Take care, it's Sunday, but I'm still working my way through the list! Zo xx 75

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that is one really interesting desk of the outdoor kind.

    Eliza #80

    ReplyDelete