Sunday, 15 April 2012

O Happy Day!

It has just been one of those days when I've got loads done, it's only 8pm and I'm not tired yet.

Earlier DH and I went to Ikea, after I pegged out 2 wash loads.  We were looking for a sofa bed - reasonable price, not too big, but comfortable.  And we found just what we wanted.  We have a two double bedroom house, and the second is my craft room.  That means that no-one can ever stay (we recently got rid of the old bed in there) so this sofa bed will be brill.  I'm at work this week but then have a 2 week holiday (with my 60th birthday in the middle) and I've got the wallpaper and paint to do that room and paint its en suite (used to be our tiny third bedroom).

The sun was still shining this afternoon so I got out and mowed the lawn.  Then we had dinner (thanks to Polly Polkadot http://pollypolkadotblog.blogspot.co.uk/ I've discovered that purple sprouting is delicious - and is 'cut and come again').

Since then I've been playing with felt scraps -

 They are all postcard size, and I've been experimenting with flowers

 and birds

and plan to mount them on brooch pins to give away at our car boot stall (see earlier post http://teddywaresandflutterbies.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/good-news.html ).  I'll take and post pics of the finished articles.

Does anyone have any ideas for small felt gifts for boys and men?  Other than bookmarks, I can't think of anything.  There's some blog candy for the best idea, if you can help me.

Anyway, better get back to stitching the birdies.

Love for now, and I'll catch up with you over at Handmade Monday at 1sy Unique Gifts - http://www.1stuniquegifts.co.uk/blog/2012/04/handmade-monday-62/

15 comments:

  1. Men are impossible to make anything handmade for I find. Sorry no ideas here but I'll come back if I think of anything! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers look lovely. Agreed, men are almost impossible to make stuff for - no bright ideas from me either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Score! Great when you have a day of achieving, lovely feeing! we have a sofa bed in the spare room, it was a great investment...those that use it say it's quite comfortable too! Love the felt flowers, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could you make something slightly larger like a screwdriver roll (for the little ones that go walk about) with a suitable manly cut out on the front? Men are so hard to buy for :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the idea, Ros, but they would probably be bigger than the sort of freebies we give out. Thanks for the thought, though. x

      Delete
  5. Find a way to attach them and you could do cufflinks, phone cases, ipad/ipod cases, card holders... that's all i've got!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kat, but we already do card holders and mobile cases. x

      Delete
  6. What is it about men. They are so difficult when it comes to handmaking gifts & cards but when you walk into a shop there is a huge choice. Sorry, no help from me either but good luck
    Anji x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Men are so hard to make for - what about dinosaurs for boys and maybe mice (make the mice boyish looking tho with a little cap or something)and maybe a little felt bowtie for men? Have a good week - Mich x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mich - thanks for that. I'm going to have a go at simple designs for dinosaurs and mice. If you give me your address I'll pop some candy in the post.

      Delete
    2. wow thanks! - I can't see your email to send it. (prob staring me in the face - mine is michalenemaz@gmail.com)

      Delete
    3. Whoops! It's chrysalisuk87@yahoo.com x

      Delete
  8. How about zip pulls for clothes, pencil cases and bags etc, they can be done in the shape of cars, spaceships or tractors.
    I love my bag of felt scraps.
    Hope you had a great birthday.

    Jan :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Picto, but pencil cases and bags would be too big - as you can imagine, freebies go very quickly and they would probably be too costly for us.

      Delete