Wednesday, 18 April 2012

WOYWW Simple Pleasures

Hi - I was just thinking how easily - sometimes - I'm pleased.  I bought a drainer for the kitchen sink a little while ago and, it was only when I started using it, realised it didn't have a section for cutlery to stand upright and they tend to dry blotchy otherwise.  The new basin & drainer are black, so I wanted a black one, but no luck.  Then, when we were in Ikea on Sunday, I found this

 I got more pleasure out of spending 59p(!) on this than anything else for ages!  Isn't it great when you find just what you were looking for.

On the crafting front, I've been making these - these flowers are even quicker to make than the crochet ones I've done before.  Just sent off for another 200 brooch pins on the net - I don't reckon you can go wrong with 100 for £6.99 with free P&P.  The birdie was slower, and I think I will add an eye on any future ones.  I should have had more finished ones to show you, but DD2 came for tea last night and went home with several that caught her eye.  Good job she's worth it!


I've got two weeks' holiday from work starting Friday, and am planning what to do.  If I don't discipline myself, the flutterby instinct takes over and I just drift from one thing to another, and never really get anything done.  A fortnight sounds a long time but it will be over before I know it.

I hope all is well in your world today.  I'm adding this to WOYWW with Mrs. Dunnit http://stamping-ground.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/whats-on-your-workdesk-wednesday-150.html- why not pop over and nosy around some great blogs?

Love for now, Chris x

13 comments:

  1. Absolutely....an eye for the birdie.... and.... do you make any teddies? For Teddyware? ....

    Vee
    #139

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi thanks for visiting. Umm, teddies - well, there is one on the work table (http://teddywaresandflutterbies.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/sap-is-rising.html)- the trouble is, as I said there, he's been sitting around, cut out from a pattern in Prima Jan 1994!! My excuse is that he was lost in the clutter I brought down from the loft recently. You can see why I really am a flutterby though!

      Delete
    2. Oh Bumble, I see now, from your blog, why you asked about my teddies. Yours are really lovely - especially the one at the top by your title! You have spurred me on - I will move my cut out ones further up the list of things to do! x

      Delete
  2. wow those flower blooms are super as is the birdie. I love it too when you find something you need, hoping that's the case for me tomorrow when I visit a shop for the first time! Take care & enjoy this weeks WOYWW snoop! Zo xx 17

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers are so much fun, and that bird is charming, Chris--enjoy your time off!

    :)trisha
    #139

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trisha - thanks for popping over and joining my followers. Hope to see you around lots. x

      Delete
  4. Love the flowers and the birdie. Enjoy your two weeks - Hazel, WOYWW #85 x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely flowers and bird!

    #84

    ReplyDelete
  6. Food can be prepared here, with guests conversing with the host before and after meals, when the sink can also serve as a bar sink for the serving of cocktails.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well,I'm just in time to wish you happy holidays and recognise the drifting....i am SO good at that! Isn't it marvellous when a small piece of something can make life easier, better and improved. I love that about storage and such. I bet you'll be pleased with that cutlery bucket for ever! The blooms are lovely..wouldn't they look good in a big ol bunch too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty brooches, thanks for sharing

    Lisa #112
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey they look great! They'd be wonderful on a scrap page too. Happy belated WOYWW #45

    ReplyDelete
  10. reckon that cutlery drainer would make me happy too,love the flowers
    playing catch up
    happy woyww
    kay #51

    ReplyDelete