Wednesday, 23 May 2012

A Warm WOYWW Welcome

to sunny Worcester.  I want to get out in the garden but am going to leave it until cooler this evening.  This morning DH took me to a garden centre to buy these with my birthday vouchers -

They are choisya ternata (Mexican mock orange) so have a delicious scent.  I bought 3 to put in along the bed at the front that I showed you earlier.  They are the variety Aztec Pearl which has a very small leaf, so they will be easy to clip and keep in a neat hedge between ours and next door's drive.
I had several plant pressies for my birthday -



two of these spectacular beauties from Pam, which I've put either side of the front door for now (fast running out of space!) and this little sweetie from Mike and Jean -

for whom I've just finished this thank you card


I told you about my 93 year young neighbour Jim yesterday.  Well, this is his front garden (and next door's, beyond) that he keeps immaculately -

All these flowers will come out next month for his bedding plants.

He has also grown these trees as standards, from seed, and they line his drive -


He gave me a standard forsythia last year that sits on my patio.  I wish I had his stamina at 60, never mind 93!

As it's too hot outside, the blanket for Esther's baby shower is growing apace -


After the next cream round I'll put a blue one, and then repeat the colours from the middle.  That way I'm covered, whatever she has!


It's my friend Mary's birthday on Friday, and the girls are going out for a meal.  I've done this card, and will give her a little something - probably a knitted facecloth and some nice soap - and pay towards her meal.  People do seem to appreciate handmade gifts and cards, don't they?

I've drafted this post on Tuesday (my day off) as I know I won't have time tomorrow, for WOYWW but, if you can put your feet up with a cuppa, pop by Julia's and have a look at what others are up to.http://stamping-ground.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/whats-on-your-workdesk-wednesday-155.html

Oh, I forgot to say - I've just spent part of my Amazon voucher from the family - on a hammock for a shady spot in the garden!  I've always wanted one, so I hope we get more days like this.

Love for now,

Chris x


12 comments:

  1. Pretty cards, lovel plants and fab crocheting too
    Happy WOYWW day
    Lisa #16
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa - thanks for popping over. Hope you're enjoying this fab weather. x

      Delete
  2. Hi there, just popping in to visit for WOYWW. It's lovely to see so many creative spaces! Thanks for sharing your inspiration with us curious folk! Loved seeing all the garden pics, makes me feel like summer may be on it's way! I hope you have a good week.
    Neil #70

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous garden..I can feel the hayfever coming on as i type lol!! Trish #51

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new plants, can almost smell the scent from here... your neighbour sounds incredible, such stamina. Helen, 17

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your new plants, pics great. Hope you get days to enjoy your hammock
    Famfa 126

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new plants are lovely, I am so glad you put the name of the Mexican mock orange on your blog, mine died and I could just not think of the name so thank you! Your neighbour is amazing, doing all that at his age, like you I wish I had the same amount at my age. Happy Woyww, Anne #18

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your plants are lovely as are your neighbours. Ooh a hammock, always wanted one of those! Take care and enjoy this sunny & warm WOYWW. Zo xx 80

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely cards... your garden is just gorgeous... my fav though is your crochet love it!! Hugs May x x x#30

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely pics of your gorgeous flowers
    have a fab woyww
    kay #33

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful flowers and the neighbours garden is a delight to look at. Good work on the crochet blanket too.

    Eliza #49
    http://queenartoypia.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my! What gorgeous flowers!!!!

    Love your blanket and card - fabulous work!

    Jeannie #75

    ReplyDelete