Tuesday, 8 May 2012

WOYWW - A Bitter Sweet Week

On Sunday I finished making the rose cushion I showed you last week.


It's finished off with some vintage buttons from my stash.  I'm going to give it to my brother when he and his partner move house later in the year, and am planning a matching tea cosy to go with it.



I got this far with the crocheted bag idea I mentioned on Monday, but decided it was a bit pale for my liking.

I'm making a matching white square and it will become another cushion, this time for a young niece, for her bedroom.  She's quite a tomboy and wouldn't appreciate roses, so she can have this one while her two older sisters can have rose ones to match their bedrooms (they're both into Cath Kidston).

On Friday my friend Viv and I are going to the RHS Malvern Spring Gardening Show, compliments of my lovely DD2 who bought tickets for my birthday.  I can't wait!


However, before that, tomorrow morning, DH and I will be going to the funeral of my next door neighbour - a young man of about 40, who died from a brain tumour, leaving a wife and two boys, 8 years and 18 months.  I love and trust God, but for the life of me can't understand why this sort of thing happens.  I suppose that's why He's God and I'm not.  One day I'll have a long list of things to ask Him.

Love for now,

Chris x

PS Pop over to Fleur at http://fleurcotton.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/023-may-giveaway.html?showComment=1336512828992 for a chance to win a beautiful knitted bag.

Also, put your feet up with a cuppa and take a trip round Blogland via WOYWW with the lovely Julia at http://stamping-ground.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/whats-on-your-workdesk-wednesday-153.html

8 comments:

  1. Gosh what a tragic thing to happen to your neighbour? I was really sorry to read about the sad news Chris and I hope everything goes as well as it can tomorrow morning [[hugs]].

    I love the cushion, it looks amazing, what a lovely gift to give and enjoy your day out at the show :)

    Have a fab WOYWW and a lovely week, Hugs, Karen xx #49

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of fabulous stuff going on - love your cushions. I have tried to crochet many a time but haven't got the patience - LOL!!

    #97

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sad thing with no reason why. Your cushion etc are superb. Take care, enjoy WOYWW this week, I know I will! Zo xx 73

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very sad and so young! Your crochet work is beautiful. Anne #2

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sad, such a shame for his young family. God Bless them.

    Love you cushions

    Sheialgh163

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about the loss of your neighbor. I feel like YOU are the neigbor God put there for a reason. You will be make a difference in that little families life somehow. Keep looking up! Have a better day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sad that, I know a family who are going through a similar thing right now, 4 kids in their case. Your cushions look fab though....

    Thanks for sharing and enjoy your WOYWW hopping.
    #20

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think Peggy's right - don't let this tragic loss shake your faith, use it to reinforce the love that surrounds this young family. How very sad. Well done on all the crochet - a welcome distraction I should think. The roses are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete