Tuesday, 19 June 2012

Cruel to be kind - WOYWW

It seems such a shame to have pulled these oriental poppies (and a great pile more) from a flower bed this afternoon, but they were throttling everything else.  The size and colour of the flowers are magnificent, but they are real thugs, and if any had had a chance of dropping seed, I'd never get rid of them.  The rest of the plants seemed to sit back and breath out a sigh, once they'd gone.  It's amazing how such huge plants come from a tiny speck-size seed.  Hidden in among them I found tiny fuchsias and a hypericum that went in last year.





Indoors, I've just finished another Cath K-style cushion front.  I'll post a pic of the completed one before I give it as a pressie at the weekend.  



These little beauties arrived from Amazon this morning.  Guess what everyone's going to get for Christmas this year?  There are some great ideas here.


 Welcome to Chris, to our little flutterby family - good to have you aboard. 

I hope the sun is shining in your world today.  I'll post this over on WOYWW tomorrow - http://stamping-ground.blogspot.co.uk/ - if you have time, mosey on over and see what everyone else is up to.

Love for now,

Chris x

8 comments:

  1. Love the cushion front. I know what you mean about the poppies - they are beautiful, but they take over so much. Thanks for sharing. Hope you have a good week. Hazel WOYWW #87 x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so pretty! Haha..thanks for the warning...maybe I'll think twice before planting them. Love the cushion front! Have fun with those new books :)

    Katie (146)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cushion - fabulous!
    #101

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those poppies ...and as for the cushion ....which I now see is finished....its amazing work ... I wish I could tame a crochet hook. #9

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy WOYWW! what gorgeous flowers! and wow, you do crochet really well!
    hugs, #15 peggy aplSEEDS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those poppies are gorgeous!
    The teacozies look great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The poppies are fab, but I agree, they need to be tamed!! Have fun with the tea cozies Chris, i bet you'll be secretly matching cozy to character!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing poppies! You're going to be busy! Take care, am snooping still on Sunday, late but determined to get round more than I have for a few weeks! Zo xx 73

    ReplyDelete