Saturday, 30 June 2012

Saturday

A strange day today.  It started off very wet and blustery so we didn't do our usual car boot, although it picked up mid-morning and ended up beautifully.  In a way I was pleased, as I got lots of washing and ironing done, cleaned out the henhouse and the dumping front room.  The problem there is that it doesn't know what it wants to be - 3 big bookcases, the PC and work station (hardly used since we acquired a laptop), and my sewing machine permanently out on a table, ready to use.

Anyway, enough waffling.  After putting my feet up with a book, I cooked tea (griddled salmon, savoury couscous and some lovely tender broad beans from the garden).

This evening we watched Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (again!) and I finished one cushion front


The colour is actually cream, pink and dark purple, but you'd never guess from this photo.

I then started on another and, although it looks complicated, it's quite memorable after the first couple of rounds.  A great way to use small leftovers.


I'll post the finished cushions when they're made up.

I hope your weekend is going well.

Love for now, Chris x

1 comment:

  1. Love the sound of your supper. How I wish I could crochet ...might have yet another go ...look forward to seeing your new cushion ....which to me looks very complicated lol

    ReplyDelete