Tuesday, 10 July 2012

Four more sleeps ...


... Until this is the view from our front door for two weeks!  I'm starting to get really excited.  This will be the sixth (I think) year we have gone to the same spot in North West Scotland (just before you slip off the top coast).



I'm starting to put stuff together, last lots of washing on, etc.  We have a friend staying to house and animal sit this time, rather than a neighbour popping in each day, so that means leaving the house really tidy, and bed made up before we leave at 4am on Sat! 

I'm trying to decide what to take to do, and think I've settled on gifts for the ladies coming on our church weekend in September.  Last year I made folding books a bit like this one I made for Mum, for mothers' day last year.  You can find pics of the inside here - http://teddywaresandflutterbies.blogspot.co.uk/2011/03/woyww-six-generations-of-flutterby.html


The ladies' ones weren't vintage though, and had poetry and scripture verses in, etc.  This year it's going to be something in felt.  So, as well as Reuben's tank top I'll be taking an assortment of wool felt


 my embroidery threads and other sewing stuff


along with Harry, my Cuttlebug.

Right - onward and upward! I need to get a move on or I'll never be ready to go.  I'll be posting this over at WOYWW with Mrs Dunnit in the morning, so night night for now xx  http://stamping-ground.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/whats-on-your-workdesk-wednesday-163.html

PS - why 'Harry'?  I bought him with the proceeds of selling Dad's car that I'd inherited, once it got past it, and Harry was my Dad.  Dad was a crafter, and I think he'd have been pleased with my purchase. Love and miss you, Dad!


1 comment:

  1. Love the peak at the sewing stuff. Lovely sentiment behind Harry. I am sure he would approve. jenx 135

    ReplyDelete