Sunday, 8 July 2012

Sunday Legumes

So glad the rain held off today. I managed to weed a large section of  the garden and pick and blanch the last of the broad beans and peas, before we go on holiday next weekend.  A friend is staying, to house and animal sit but I don't want her to have to bother with the veggies too.


I started a little tank top, using scraps of yarn. The smallest size on the pattern was 22" chest, so I've reduced it to fit our godson Reuben, but I think it might still be too big. I shan't do any more until I can check it against him.





Just heard that DD2 will probably be moving back in for three weeks, between house moves - that means I have to get my skates on, and order the new bed settee and try to condense contents of the spare room - again!  Don't you just love it?!  Still, that's what mums are for, I expect.

Posting this on Handmade Monday, over at http://handmadeharbour.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/handmade-monday-74.html  Why not make yourself a cuppa, put your feet up and pop over to see what everyone else has been up to

Love for now, Chris xx


9 comments:

  1. We picked broad beans today too - not such a good crop as last year, I think because the weather has been so awful.
    Love the colours on the tank top, subtle but pretty. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tank top looks like it's going to be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can find your spare room.... I am impressed! Tank top looks as though it is off to a flying start and the good thing about wool is that it will not go off and he will grow into it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tank top is looking good, as are your broad beans. At least something is happenning despite all the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a good broad bean crop - mine will be nothing like that! Love how the little tank top is looking x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those broad beans (and the tank top!) look great - really makes me miss having a proper garden

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your broad beans look lovely, I like them with lots of butter.
    I like the colours of the tank top. Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colours of the tank top,I'm sure it'll be great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely to be able to eat something that you have grown yourself, the beans look tasty!Tank top looks great too

    ReplyDelete