Thursday, 2 August 2012

Finished

I couldn't decide, at first, which button to use, but finally settled on this vintage orange one.  It might look a bit dark in the pic but picks up the peach fleck in the yarn nicely.

I thought it would end up a good bit bigger than the 0-3 months stated on the pattern and I was right.  Using a 3.5 hook, it's about the same size as the previous blue scottie dog cardi (aged 2).  I really liked the effect of the crossed double crochet, so continued it throughout the piece, rather than ordinary doubles for below the sleeves.  I had less yarn than I first thought, so has a slightly cropped look, finishing at waist level.  I'm a happy bunny though, and hope my little friend likes it, too.  I'm now going to have a go at knitting a sheep so pop back later in the week to see how it's going.

Love for now, Chris x 

2 comments:

  1. It's funny cuz I originally designed it with the x-stitch throughout but thought it might put people off as it's not a very fast stitch.What size do you think it turned out to be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bev - I found it lovely and quick to do, once I got in the swing of it and could spot where to jump to, from the cross below. I reckon it's a really pretty stitch. It's turned out about the same size as the 2yr old kina I did, the blue one I did last week. I don't know whether it was down to the 3.5 hook or maybe my tension is very loose (I don't think that, though) Keep up the good work - any more patterns in the pipeline? x

      Delete