Sunday, 14 October 2012

A little something

I asked DH if he wanted a handmade cover for his new phone but he'd beaten me to it by ordering a leather one online.  Instead, he wanted a pencil case (he's a teacher) but no frills or flowers!!?  I found this piece of fabric in the stash and, no sooner asked than done -


I lined it with the same fabric and put a simple velcro fastening on - finished.


I'm posting this over at Wendy's 'Handmade Harbour'
I hope you're enjoying the sunshine in your part of Blogland. It's been lovely here, but starting to turn to hot water bottle weather at night. xx

9 comments:

  1. Not sure I'd have anything available if my husband asked me to make him something. It's great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This a fantastic pencil case... Love it!!! Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you've made your husband something he's going to find really useful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect pencil case for your husband. The fabrics lovely. I bet his students will have their eyes on it. Thanks for sharing.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's brilliant! Such a practical little make!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great idea, have been contemplating making knitted pencil cases for a while but zips have been putting me off - thanks for the velcro idea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect for a boy! I made my husband a camera case but he thought it was too girly and i found it hidden away at the bottom of his bag and his camera in a shiny new black leather case! ho hum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't like zips either, I much prefer velcro or poppers. :)

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! Hope it gets lots of use.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete