Wednesday, 19 December 2012

It's scary ...

how time flies - apologies for being off-air for so long. It's not that things haven't been happening - quite the opposite, in fact - but the longer I've been away from my blog, the harder it's been to know where to start, and so the procrastination.

No more! I've taken myself in hand and, over the next few weeks, will update you with all that I've been up to, leading neatly into my New Year Resolution of regular posting. Yes, you've heard it all before, but now that I've retired and life's getting a little more organised, I'm determined to keep it up. I have been putting some stuff on FB but find that's limited, and, FB friends don't always get as excited about crafting as I do.

Christmas preparations have been steaming ahead, with quite a few



and


made as pressies - and for sale.

Yes, that's the biggest change around here - Teddy Wares has gone commercial! Needing an outlet for my crafty tendencies - not to mention the possibility of making some cash - I've started making stuff for sale, and will be sharing stalls at craft fairs, etc., with my friend Judy, sister in law Janet, and maybe doing some on my own - depending on productivity.  I think this arrangement should suit both my flutterby personality that means I can't make lots of the same thing and my love of all sorts of craftiness.  I hope this makes sense.

I really enjoyed making the rag wreaths and, over Christmas will be making a rag garland to hang down the stairs at home, with lots of embellishments to sew on - watch this space!  I'll also post pics of the other new stuff over the next few weeks, so they don't give you indigestion all at once.

Im posting this over with Julia and co at http://stamping-ground.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/woyww-185.html so why not put your feet up with a cuppa and mosey over for a nosey?

Lovely to see you all again, Chris x

16 comments:

  1. Happy WOYWW. You sound just like me. I get bored easily and I am always trying out new things. Not often very successfully, but life is short and there is so much going on in this world. Love that rag wreath. Absolutely gorgeous. Will put that on my list of things to try! Merry Xmas. Ali x #31

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy WOYWW and Christmas too! Love the wreath. Helen 3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab Christmas weaths . Happy Christmas to you & Happy New year also. Jill #16

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just dropping in to say....
    May you have a wonderful Christmas filled with everything that makes you happy.
    Hugs,
    A x #38

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this ever growing love of rag swatches etc. Maybe next year. Your wreath is wonderful. Happy Xmas
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your rag wreath is gorgeous! Happy Wednesday and Happy Christmas, too. :o)
    Sue x (MiniOwner@45)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh well done on going commercial, i agree, it will suit your crafting personality, nothing better than being able to say 'its a one off' when you have a customer loving something. And that leads nicely to the rag wreaths..how pretty. Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your wreaths and good luck in your selling have a Merry Christmas hugs Nikki #5

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, what lovely wreaths! Have a wonderful Christmas!
    Hugs, Renee #92

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with the new enterprise, I'm sure you'll do really well at it. Thank you for sharing and Merry Christmas! Lucy #20 x P.S. could you turn your word verification off please? xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lucy - didn't know I had it! If I can discover how, I'll turn it off.

      Delete
  11. Awww..your wreaths are darling! How clever and quite creative. :) Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. happy WOYWW! your wreath looks wonderfully festive. all the best in your commercial venture.

    may you and your loved ones have a joyful Christmas season
    and a blessed new year ahead!
    hugs,#10
    peggy aplSEEDS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving the wreaths. I have decided to post more regularly so often, its laughable. If it wan't for WOYWW, I propably would not get around to posting weekly either.LOL
    Enjoy your retirement and all success with making money from your crafting.
    Happy belated WOYWW and may you and your family have a blessed Christmas.
    Tertia #15

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful wreaths - love that they are made of rags too. Congratulations on your retirement ... speaking from experience, you'll be busier than ever, but at least you will be doing what you love to do. Good luck with the craft sales in 2013. Have a lovely weekend and a very happy Christmas. Elizabeth x #46

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful wreaths! Looks like Christmas! A little late getting around but just stopping by to say I hope you have a wonderful holiday! Blessings to you and your family in the coming year. Vickie #100

    ReplyDelete