Wednesday, 26 December 2012

WOYWW Part 2

Thought you might like to see the latest thrifty pressie -


I used the cream silk trimmings from DD2's new (charity shop) bedroom curtains to make a surprise cushion for her bed. The burgundy strip ties it in with her other bedroom colours.

Both girls wanted new curtains for their homes, but I like them to have something to unwrap, too. DD2 is on her own for the first time this Christmas, and staying with us, so I was delighted to be able to make up a stack of goodies, spending only NINE POUNDS (in the poundshop) on top of the curtain cost.


Together with some shrewd machining and upcycling from my stash, I was very pleased with the results.

I ran out of time to make cushions for DD1's newly decorated sitting room, but will get them to her next week. Their birthdays are both in January, so the sewing machine will be red hot by the end of the month. I've got an idea for something that will result in a neat throw for DD2, and need to come up with something for her older sister - watch this space!

Anyway, I need to think about something for Boxing Day breakfast now - have a great day, all! xx

14 comments:

  1. Happy Holidays again! Love the cushion and all the goodies! Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have been super busy and are going to be for some time yet. I am sure both DDs are delighted with their pressies.
    Happy WOYWW and may your New Year be filled with good health, happiness and lots of blessings.
    Tertia #6

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh have fun making the presents - I love my sewing machine. Hope you have a lovely New Year too. Sunshine Girl no.13

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good on you with your thrifty sewing. Happy Christmas and best of luck with all you still have to do for their birthdays in January.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such wonderful gifts created with love and a red-hot sewing machine!! I'm sure they will be so much appreciated... Continuing good wishes for the festive season, and happy WOYWW!
    Alison x
    #27

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you are Cleveland of course, the sort of gifts mean soooooo much more. how inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so lovely to receive a gift that's been created by the giver themselves and I'm sure your DD2 was pleased with what you made for her.
    I was lucky to receive a new bag from one of my sons that he made himself - both my sons can sew - it was such a surprise and I love it!
    Season's greetings
    Happy WOYWW
    Caz
    #42

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's great that you can sew and make such lovely gifts! Waving hi from the rainy, but wishing it was snowing hills of North Carolina for the last WOYWW of 2012!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You clever wotsit, you certainly know how to stretch the pounds and I think hand made gifts are the best of all!
    Happy WOYWW and Boxing Day, Annette #19

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cushion, love the hand made itmes the best.
    Happy WOYWW
    Krisha #48

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your sewing machine will be 'smokin' for sure! Lucky girls! Happy New Year! Nan 44

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh sounds like you have been incredibly busy ! Well done you ! Wishing you & your family a happy, healthy & prosperous new year Ali #61

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely cushion cover and I so like the idea of spending so little for so much - I think I need to take a page out of your book :)

    I wish you and yours health, happiness and prosperity in 2013. Elizabeth x #30

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gotta love a bargain and at Christmas time too you are good. I love the cushion cover, the curtains must be beautiful going by the cushion.

    Belated Christmas Greetings and Happy New Year

    Eliza #63

    ReplyDelete