Sunday, 13 January 2013

Handmade Monday

On Friday, I started making a throw for DD2's birthday this Wednesday - no pressure there, then!! LOL!  It's slower than I'd hoped.  Having spent every spare minute on it since then, I've now got 20 x 8" squares.



They are all cream, with 2 different self-coloured embossed patterns, and I've sandwiched two pieces together, and have nearly finished blanket stitching around them. Once that's done, I'll crochet around, and then join them together.

I hope it's finished by Wed evening when DD2 comes for a birthday meal, and I'll post a pic once it's complete.

In the meantime, I'm posting this over at - http://handmadeharbour.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/handmade-monday-99.html  When you've a minute, pop over there to see what everyone else has been up to.

Chris x

13 comments:

  1. I think all the cream squares together will look great. Looking forward to seeing the finished throw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your squares look fab, so much work goes into these things doesn't it, fingers crossed you're finished in time! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this... what a great idea...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like its going to be a really interesting quilt, it looks brilliant so far. I hope you post a piccy of the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The squares look gorgeous - can't wait to see the finished quilt! Good luck with getting it finished on time! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your squares look great and really looking forward to seeing the finished throw. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am hoping you thrive on last minute deadlines? I am really looking forward to seeing this finished :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward to seeing the finished article - looks exciting so far!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck. I really like the fabric you've chosen. Can't wait to see the finished throw.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Last minute deadlines, all that extra concentration, it's bound to be beautiful just looking at your photos!
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. My goodness, this is truly beautiful! I love tactile, textured fabric, it always feelsl luxorious! Good luck with your deadline, I can't wait to see it finished! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you've got it finished before your meal tonight :)
    Have a great evening.

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete