Tuesday, 22 January 2013

Onward and Upward!

Day 2 of the sewing room blitz and I'm beginning to recover the will to live! This might look like total chaos but it's actually most of my fabric, sorted into boxes (ok, there are are a few bits still loose). The problem with a 12'x12' room and nowhere else to put the stuff is that I have to keep moving it around, while I tackle one corner at a time.


One nice thing - and I'm trying really hard not to get sidetracked here - is that you find lots of goodies you'd forgotten about - like the piles of vintage Laura Ashley squares (circa 1975!!) destined for patchwork projects!


This morning I'm venturing out of hibernation to Lidl, to replenish stocks, then it's back to dismantle this cupboard.  Quite sad though, as my late Dad built it to hide the boiler (in a sitting room?!) when I moved here 18 years ago.  However, it's now surplus to requirements, and taking up valuable space.


I'll be back for WOYWW tomorrow, with an update.

Hugs for now xx

No comments:

Post a Comment