Wednesday, 9 January 2013

WOYWW Upcycling Experiments

Last night I remembered several part-balls of speciality yarn DD1 gave me, left over from last year's scarf Christmas pressies, and decided to play.  The rings are 4" across, and I sat up in bed winding them round - as you do!! Quite pleased with the effects, and once embellished, they will go in the box, for sale.




The second one is in scrummy traditional Christmas red and green








Not clear here, but the above is a fab Spring mixture.


Waiting for inspiration for the others, when they're fully wound.


I'll use any remaining yarn to do smaller wreaths, on 2" wooden curtain rings.

The final WIP will become clear next week, when it's (hopefully) finished in time for DD2's 31st birthday (just in case you're reading this, Kate!) xx


Posting this over at Mrs. D's http://stamping-ground.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/woyww-188.html so, time for a cuppa and see what everyone else has been up to, there.

Love for now, Chris xx

9 comments:

  1. Love the wreaths.

    I am new to WOYWW and friends with Sandee. Hope you have a chance to check out my blog and desk.
    Lori #81

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice to see you've got a head start on creativity for 2013! Lots going on and look forward to seeing DDs birthday project.
    Love Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    This is my first time at WOYWW and I hope you don't mind me looking around your blog while I am here.
    Ria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ria - welcome to WOYWW and thanks for visiting my blog. I had to smile, seeing you live in Clacton. I've got very happy memories of lots of summer hols spent in Jaywick - it always seemed like going abroad, travelling from the East End in Dad's old banger! Mum now lives in Southend, and I'll be popping down from Worcester for a few days, at the weekend. Hope to see you around in blogland x

      Delete
  4. Lovely wreaths, they just look so touchable! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lori - I've visited your blog and left a message. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooo pretty!!! What a wonderful idea!

    Happy Crafting!
    Jeannie #60

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see next week. :-)
    April #136

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those wreaths, I have some of that yarn stashed somewhere (I went through a scarf knitting frenzie a while back)
    Happy belated WOYWW!
    Tertia #17

    ReplyDelete