Sunday, 3 February 2013

Handmade Monday - Yesterday, today and tomorrow



Last night a friend brought round my new (to me) blanket box. It's in the sewing room, ready to house as much of my fabric stash as I can squeeze in.


Tomorrow I'll give it a first coat of paint, ready for a touch of shabby chic (sc). The pieces on the top (metal) are other bits I'm thinking of sc'ing, too, but am not sure whether to leave them as they are.

While I've got the brush out, I'll also undercoat the kitchen windowsill - the whole room needs decorating but I don't have the oomph to do it all at once, but will tackle it a bit at a time.

And before cleaning the brush, I'll give the sewing box and tv table an undercoat, ready for sc, as well.


Both of the next two pictures are


using up stash fabric and yarn.

It's so lovely having the sewing room back in action, even if it's not decorated yet. It means I can pop in and out as I want, to run up things like a little pile of dollshouse duvets and pillows for Daisy, a little friend.



This afternoon (Sunday) I'm using up yarn stash to make rose cushions for my craft fair stall, while watching Harry Potter on TV, with DH.


I'm posting this over at Handmade Monday http://handmadeharbour.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/handmade-monday-102.html. Why not add your crafting over there, and see what everyone else has been up to.

Love for now, and have a great week, Chris xx

14 comments:

  1. A shabby chic-ed blanket box sounds good! I wish I had a crafting room, sadly I have the dining table or my lap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great, look forward to seeing the shabby-chicing when finished. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to use your yarn and fabric stash together. Thos roses look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely blanket box. I have too many things that are shabby, but not chic. But I don't want you to do anything to the metal jugs. They look just lovely as they are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to try everything too so I understand how you feel! sometimes it's hard to get started when you don't know what to do first! the blanket box is a lovely project though. Good luck with the craft fair. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love to see the blanket box finished - I'm sure it will be stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you can tie disparate pieces of furniture together by giving them a paint job - looking forward to seeing the blanket box when its done. I wouldn't rush to change the metal pieces though..

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh i can't wait to see your blanket box and other bits post shabby-chicing! I'm sure they're going to look fab :)

    you're dolls hose bed clothes are adorable!! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your metal jugs/cans look lovely. I use an old blanket box for my craft supplies too although it seems to be bulging at the seams!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely idea to shabby chic the sewing blanket box - can't wait to see the after pics :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look as if you are being very disciplined, using up all your stash. I love the roses on your crochet :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck with your blanket box. The dolls duvets and pillows look sweet. I think I would leave the metal pieces untouched.
    endy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely big box, I look forward to seeing it done up, the metal pieces look lovely as they are. They look the right size for storing hooks and needles etc.

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete