Monday, 11 February 2013

Shabby meets stashbusting = LOVE

Oh, I'm such a happy flutterby!

You may remember from a few posts ago, that I'm attempting to recycle a blanket box and small TV table, by giving them a dose of shabby chic.  Well, I started by giving them a base coat of white, using the last of a pot of white emulsion. 

Then I invested a whopping £1.50 in a tester pot of Homebase Azure matt emulsion



and added it to the dregs of white.  Result?



I'm in love!  I can't decide whether to just rub down the edges, or to add some vintage rose (or other)  paper decoupage as well.  What do you think?

When they're finished, I'll top them with a coat of clear matt varnish, to seal them.

Lessons learned so far?  Try new effects out on items that aren't too valuable, so I don't worry about spoiling them, and to have a go!

Back to the crochet, while I wait for them to dry.

Hope your day is going as well as mine. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment