Saturday, 9 February 2013

Sweet Saturday

It's great to see folks at the weekend but, I have to admit, after several peeps to dinner the last few weeks, it's also lovely to think that we've got nothing planned for this one.

I've just finished this cushion to add to the stash to sell, when I get myself organised for a craft fair.



It's the rose pattern, courtesy of the lovely Astri, over at Apple Blossom Dreams http://appleblossomdreams.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/cal-granny-rose-week-1-of-5.html


Once put together, there seemed to be too much white space, so I added a few lines of pink stitching, and a couple of Lisa's teeny flowers http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/ finished off with vintage button centres, and I think it brings it all together. 



Thanks again, ladies, for your generosity in sharing your patterns!

The back is just two overlapping granny squares



and the whole thing is finished off with a picot edge.


I have no idea what to charge for this on a craft stall - any suggestions?

I've just started a round crocheted handbag which I'll post when finished. I'm thinking of making handles with the French knitting tool I picked up in Lidl last week. 

Meanwhile, I'm still working on the shabby chic treatment on the blanket box, etc., and hope to finish them next week - again, pics to follow.

I'm posting this at Sweet Saturday http://www.thegingerbreadblog.com/2013/02/sweet-saturday-link-party-v65.html so, why not make a cuppa and visit the other crafty folks over there.  Have a great weekend, lovelies! xx

4 comments:

  1. Wow, it's gorgeous! Your creative combination of flowers is just stunning. Nice job! Thanks for the link. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How romantic! Really l♥vely cushion :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful, I love the way you have combined different flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty cushion - I think the roses are lovely!

    ReplyDelete