Wednesday, 20 February 2013

WOYWW Tempus really fugits!

Seems just like yesterday that I was posting last week's WOYWW. If you don't know what I'm talking about, pop over to Julia (see below) to see what it's all about.

The week has flown partly because I've just got home from 4 days with my 88 year old Mum.  I always have to take some crafting to do, and managed to finish this Summer Days Baby Blanket, to go on the 'for sale' pile.


It's made with the lovely bright 5 ply cotton from Lidl - I love working with that yarn.


Since getting home this afternoon, I've been recovering from the 3.5hr drive by knocking up a couple of stash-busting cotton dish cloths. I used a couple of balls of cotton that I've inherited along the way which are quite fine but ok when worked together.



One ball is white, and the other pale green, but - sorry - you can't really tell from either of these pics, one using the flash and one without.




Tomorrow (Wed) I'm off to buy yarn to knit a Ravelry poncho for Mum. She feels the cold these days, and wears a shawl that she's always having to pull up over her shoulders - hopefully this will make life a bit easier for her.

I'm posting this over with Julia at http://stamping-ground.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/whats-on-your-workdesk-wednesday-194.html so why not make a cuppa, put your feet up and pop over to see what everyone else has been up to.

Have a great day, Chris xx

16 comments:

  1. Pretty baby blanket, glad you had time to rest up from the drive. Same distance to my sons and it's a while before I get back to normal.
    Thanks for popping by last week, I had computer problems so didn't visit many. Enjoy WOYWW, and happy crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty blanket you made. My Gran always made my pot holders, I still have a stash of them, will have to make my own soon. Have a good day. Francesca #29

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful baby blanket. happy woyww Jill #33

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful blanket you made! I love the idea of a poncho. I need to make one of sitting around the house in cause my neck and shoulders are always cold. Thanks for sharing and have a great week! Vickie #28

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great make!! I am sure it will fly! Helen 5

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh you have been busy. Your baby blanket is so cute.

    Happy Wednesday. Susi #86

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful blanket, love the colours and pattern x
    Happy WOYWW Heather # 72

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely blanket such pretty colours and I am sure your mum enjoyed your company.
    Wishing you a very happy WOYWW
    Ria #73

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the blanket and dish towels. The Poncho will be grand.

    Enjoy hopping around the world today nosing into people desks.
    Lori #57

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how lovely being able to spend time with your mum. I miss mine so much. Your blanket looks so pretty. Have fun shopping for more yarn. Brigita #134

    ReplyDelete
  11. The baby blanket is lovely, I haven't done that stitch in years. I wasn't the big crocheter that the rest of my family were and are (so many have past away that I have to use both words) Love the cotton crocheted dish cloths, they are simply the best. My you do work fast, like my Mom used to do.
    Krisha #21

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your baby blanket is lovely and I am sure your mum will be glad of a poncho. You will have to post it when you complete.
    Carol.x

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a really cute baby blanket. Maybe I should start one for our annual blanket Mass. A baby blanket doesn't seem so daunting.
    Happy belated WOYWW!
    Tertia 20

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty baby blanket and the crochet cloths are always handy to have. Have a lovely crafting week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice blanket and those colors are just so appealing. A shawl for mum is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete