Wednesday, 6 February 2013

WOYWW

Hi - as soon as I return from this week's Lidl adventure, I'll be tackling -


my grocery bags (sorry, forgot to put the flash on). The handles are still robust, but the plastic-y linings are shot, so I'm going to re-line them with tough upholstery fabric - I just hope the machine can cope.



There are a few wear holes on the outside, and I will just put funky patches on for now, and eventually add new outsides, too.  Some people would scratch their heads, wondering why the mad woman doesn't just buy new ones, but that goes against the grain.

After that, I'll continue the saga of the shabby chic-ing - I rubbed down the said pieces yesterday, and will put a first coat of paint on today.  Then, I want to finish this cushion - for some reason, it's taking a long time.  The roses are on the front, and the back will be two overlapping granny squares, forming an envelope opening.

I'm posting this over at Julia's for WOYWW - http://stamping-ground.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/whats-on-your-workdesk-wednesday-192.html - pop over and see what the others are up to.  Meanwhile, have a great day, All xx

6 comments:

  1. Your cushion design is Gorgeous, love the delicate flowers :)Heather # 70

    ReplyDelete
  2. your cushion is beautiful the little roses are amazing. Good luck with the shopping bag
    Happy WOYWW #192
    Ria #75

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice bit of upcycling with your bag. Great crocheting. Francesca #108

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful crocheting! Sometimes when you love something that does the job well you can't help but try to find a way to fix it. New doesn't always feel the same!Tamika #126

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love your upcycling project! I think it's right to use the bag once again. Good luck with it! Lovely cushion cover! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You go girl - never change. I look forward to seeing the new bags. I like the funky patches idea. April #133

    ReplyDelete