Wednesday, 6 March 2013

WOYWW The spice of life ...

... variety, that is.  I've just finished 46 sets of bunting with 3 pennants each. My friend Helen runs an after school club, and wanted the kids to make something more permanent than a Mother's Day card, so they're going to write M-U-M on these, with fabric paint. It wasn't a difficult job but it always takes longer than I think.


I put ribbon underneath, with lace on the front to cover the stitching and make them a bit prettier.

Mum's indoor poncho is coming on at a reasonable pace. I love Lisa's (Attic 24 blog) ripple pattern but I find it gets a bit boring, working in the same colour all the time - one drawback of being a flutterby!


Today I'm hoping to meet up with a couple of friends for a cuppa (one of the joys of retirement, having time for stuff like this), then I need to make a couple of cards and a peg bag for Mum (noticed last time I was there that hers has almost disintegrated). Then it will be back to the poncho - and a chance to check up on everyone else over at Julia's at http://stamping-ground.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/whats-on-your-workdesk-wednesday-196.html  Hope to catch up with you there. Meanwhile, have a great day. xx


18 comments:

  1. you've been having a busy creative time...love the idea of the bunting and keep on knitting...love the poncho...happy WOYWW...hugs kath 28 xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kath - thanks for visiting me on the blog. I couldn't see how to reply to you directly - hope you see this and have a great week x

      Delete
  2. Morning Chrysalis, love the bunting - I'm sure the mums are going to appreciate them for years to come. The poncho pattern is very pretty and lovely colour. Just read how your name developed - clever uncle :) Happy WOYWW, Elizabeth x #26

    ReplyDelete
  3. so creative!! those bunting kits will be cherished indeed. happy WOYWW Helen, 8

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have been so busy those bunting are so very pretty love the touch of lace
    Your mum's poncho is such a pretty colour and a lovely pattern. I wish you lots of laughter when you meet up with your friends
    Have a great WOYWW thank you for sharing your workspace today
    Ria #39

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, thanks for the peek into your world this week. The bunting is a great idea.
    Neil # 23

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! you've been a busy bee... hope all the kids have fun painting the bunting and i'm sure the mums will love it :)
    have a great WOYWW and a wonderful week!
    no. 2

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful bunting, the lace adds such pretty detail x
    Happy WOYWW Heather #59

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather - thanks for visit and kind comments. Have a great week, Chris x

      Delete
  8. What a lovely thing to do for the children. I'm sure all the Mums will be thrilled on Sunday
    Take care and have a lovely day

    Jakix #85

    ReplyDelete
  9. Making a poncho is almost like making a blanket, isn´t it? It is looking beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you've been busy! I love the bunting, what a clever idea and I'm sure the mums will adore them. Thanks for sharing and Happy Woyww. Liz at 147 x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi and I love the bunting for Mother's day idea. I am also a knitter and like Attic 24 blog. Lovely colour you are using for your Mum's Poncho. Sorry I'm late. Anne x @65

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mums will love the buntings. How sweet of you to do the prep work for them. Thanks for sharing the project. Creative Blessings! Kelly #156

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute idea - I like the banners - much more long lasting than a card. You are so good to your Mum. :-) April #145

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an awesome idea for a mothers day gift! I know I would enjoy that in my craft room but then a card would have been nice too...My granddaughter made a card for me at Christmas and her mother asked her if it was for her cause it said Moma D and she said no she was just plain moma not Moma D! so cute! Hope you had fun out with your friends. Little late getting around this week but better a little late then never! Hope you have a great week. Vickie #11

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a brilliant idea!!
    Em xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the color you choose for your Moms Poncho! The kids and Mom's are really going to enjoy those!

    Hugs Robin

    ReplyDelete