Wednesday, 13 March 2013

WOYWW Stashbusting meets

... make do and mend.



A satisfyingly flutterby, bitty week, on the craft front -

It started off with making a few cards for friends and family. They were all made from recycled cards and bits from my stash.  This first one has an acetate front, with the LOVE stickers on, over a recycled card



The next one is for my brother (hope he doesn't read this!)


The teddy one is a bit of a cheat - just a recycled picture mounted on new card.


Then I put new trim on a bath towel that was like me, a bit frayed round the edges! The rest of it is fine, and not ready to be chopped up for wash cloths yet.



I finally got round to making a new lining for my farm shop bag. The handles are still fine, but the plastic-y lining had disintegrated. The only tricky bit was where the seams are very thick, so needed to be hand-sewn (just don't look too closely).



It then just needed a little patch on the outside, ready for a new lease of life.


Then I made a brooch, as a little pressie, to go with the teddy card above.




I've finished Mum's shawl - it was going to be a poncho, but didn't turn out as expected, so I've added a kilt pin which will be easy for her to open and shut.


Then I made two peg bags - one for my friend Sheila, who gave me a brown checked pillow case and navy ribbon


so I just added some lining and velcro, and put it together


with enough left over to make one for Mum.


I was going to do traditional ones, on clothes hangers, but Sheila said she'd prefer one she could put over her shoulder instead, and I thought that would be good for Mum, too.

The hardest part of making these was sewing the velcro on - straight stitching was a nightmare (it kept messing the tension up) so I ended up using zig-zag stitching which was better but still required some cobbling together.

I'm off to put a chicken and leek pie together now, for tonight's meal, using leftovers from last night's roast - does that count as stash busting, too?!.

I'm itching to get out to work in the garden but it's far too cold at the mo - the wind is biting, here in Worcester. My knight in shining armour is due to come for a day, next Monday, for his annual visit to help kick start me for the Spring, but I'd like to get some stuff done before he arrives but hey-ho, such is life.

That's my week of stash busting - I'm posting this over at Mrs D's - http://stamping-ground.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/whats-on-your-worksdesk-wednesday-197.html - hope to see you there.

Thanks for visiting, and have a great week. Hugs, Chris xx

11 comments:

  1. looks like you have had a busy week all told. Great idea refurbishing the towels and repurposing the cards. Thanks for sharing. Have a great week. Vickie #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good grief, you've been busy!! Hope you have a suitably crafty week again! Helen, 11

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many projects, you have been really busy x
    Love the flower you made, everything is Fab :)
    WOYWW Heather #46

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some fabulous stash busting going on there, I love the idea of trimming your towels but as I can't sew I will just admire! Tracy #67

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have been so busy with both card making and bag making I don't know how you fit it all in. The cards are a great way of using up old cards and they look really good.
    The bags are fantastic and so useful
    Happy WOYWW
    Ria 60

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful brooch and I love the guitar card
    Happy WOYWW
    Laura
    :)
    68

    ReplyDelete
  7. all of them nice projects :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So creative and great at upcycling!Creative Blessings! Kelly #124

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goodness! You really had a productive week! I just love the broach! I love your idea of putting trim on the towels!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you've been so busy!
    Love your makes especially the little brooch.
    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - you had a very productive week. I feel productivity envy.
    :-) April #108

    ReplyDelete