Wednesday, 19 June 2013

WOYWW - where's it gone?

I'm not quite sure what's happened to last week. I certainly don't have an awful lot to show for it.

On the indoor crafty front, I've been doing some more stash-busting by crocheting some cotton dishcloths. I do love using these.


In the garden, the year is racing ahead too, with everything filling out, and big and bushy (including the weeds).


The cardoon at the front of this pic is threatening to take over the bed. I do love the enormous dark purple thistle-type flowers that pop up, but it's going to have to go to a new home at the end of this season, to make room for everything else. The solanum is starting to cover the trellis nicely, though.


I'm so glad there's more yellow and pink popping up now, to balance the purple everywhere.  Can anyone remind me of the name of this beauty below, please? It's such a vibrant orange/yellow - love it!! Just thought, looking at the leaves - is it a buddleia? I thought they were just shades of purple, with cone shaped flowers?


The pond area is filling out well, with more welcome colours. 


Indoors, I've been spending loads of time on Pinterest, and am finding it really helpful in collecting ideas for the downstairs shower & loo for Mum, storing bedroom wallpaper samples for her to look at, etc. I love it, but, at the same time, it's very time wasting consuming.

Hope your week is going well, and see you all over at WOYWW with Julia - http://stamping-ground.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/whats-on-your-workdesk-wednesday-211.html

13 comments:

  1. Good morning Chrysalis and thank you for sharing your wooly creations and beautiful garden! The pond area is gorgeous! I hope to post some piccys on my blog in the next few days of our garden. You have a beautiful orange globular buddleia. Ours cmes out later in the year and is slightly paler...want to swp cuttings? If only we lived nearer! Here's a RHS link for you
    :http://apps.rhs.org.uk/plantselector/plant?plantid=270
    Enjoy!
    Anne #40

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chrysalis! Crocheting cotton dishcloths, I have never heard of them but now I think I will get my friend that loves to crochet to do some for me..thanks for showing :-)! I am with Anne your garden is so beautiful!! Happy WOYWW.
    Janene #12

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful garden, can't help identifying the pretty orange plant - except I don't think buddleia come in any colour other than purple as you too thought. Helen, 31

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a really beautiful garden! You can see the colours echoed in your dishcloths :)
    Happy WOYWW and have a great week :)
    no. 32

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy WOYWW. Love the dishcloths - I would not use them, just stroke them! Fab garden - thank you for sharing piccies. Ali x #79

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden looks so pretty, love all the flowers and your pretty little pond area.
    Sandy :) #59

    ReplyDelete
  7. The garden looks beautiful, so relaxing. I can imagine sitting there on a hot summers day sipping a gin & tonic! Hugs. Pam#38

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your garden. You've got such a lovely pond!

    Have wonderful week, Happy WOYWW. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you knit your own dish cloths so cool. Your garden is looking fantastic you must put so much work in to it, really lovely
    Have a great WOYWW and enjoy the rest of your week
    Ria #47

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh your garden is lovely - bet your Mum's enjoying it too. Pinterest is the work of the devil. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a sweet garden you have... that pond is so nice!
    sounds you'll never be bored ;)
    Cheers & happy woyww,
    Jana #100

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely changes of colour in the dish cloth :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, what a gorgeous garden and pond. I'd give anything if my yard looked even half that good. It's perfection! Have a super WOYWW from #17.

    ReplyDelete