Wednesday, 10 July 2013

WOYWW Summer Days

My first water lily appeared this week, and I do hope there are more to come on this one, as it's so pretty. With flowers the size of a small saucer, it's just right for the 5' or so pond. There's another lily in there, but only leaves as yet.


Sorry I couldn't get any closer but I was afraid of falling in (!) and I haven't sussed out the zoom on this camera yet.

Around the rest of the garden, it started with the purple shades, then pinks took over, but the whites are now taking centre stage.

At the side of the pond, the mock orange is giving off a delicious scent


so it's lovely to have the stone bench underneath, to sit and watch the pond life. The dragon and damsel flies are very busy, and I'm looking forward to introducing frogs by way of spawn, next year.


I've just noticed on that pic how much bare fence there is here, so I'll try to do something about that (see previous post about gorgeous garden visit).

These little beauties enjoy the dappled shade of the pear tree


while these soak up the sunshine


and their neighbours are an amazingly intense white.


It's too hot for me outside during the day (unless sitting in the shady corner) so I'm inside, dreaming of how to transform the now sad, bleak hen pen and house.  I'm determined to make it beautiful once more.



I've cleaned out the bedding since this pic, and need to go and buy the paint to cheer it all up.

I've also been putting together a Pinterest board 'Kitchen Dreaming' so you'll be able to follow my thoughts and plans for this, once I discover how to post Pinterest here.

Just posted this over with Julia at http://stamping-ground.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/whats-on-your-workdesk-wednesday-214.html so hope to catch up with some of you over there.

Hoping you're enjoying the summer sunshine, lots of love for now, Chris xx

Yay!! Managed to suss out how to put Pinterest on here! You can now follow my daydreaming by clicking on the button in the side bar - if you've nothing better to do, that is!

9 comments:

  1. You have a lovely garden and pond. It all looks so well put together. Happy WOYWW from #2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a beautiful garden and I love the pond with the waterlily. It's too hot for me too... Helen 17

    ReplyDelete
  3. love, love, love your garden - and pond! - in bloom!! hope these beauties don't wilt in the heat - though much cooler here in Lincs today...
    happy WOYWW and have a fun week :)
    no. 31

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely garden, looks so pretty and I could just sit on the bench now and watch the world go by, listening to the birds as they sing....well a girl can dream huh! Happy WOYWW! ♥ Karen ♥ 70 x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had fun meandering through your garden today! Just lovely! I am so partial to daisies, (have a bunch too!) as they always make me happy! Sounds like a fun project you have in mind for your coop! Can't wait to read about it. Enjoy the day! Stay cool! Winnie#90

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful flowers!!!
    Krisha #5

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your garden and pond. Are you going to keep chickens in the pen, or are they already in there and I just didn't see them...
    Happy WOYWW and I wish you a wonderful week.
    xx Monique #106

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have a mock orange too, but have had to cut it down a bit as its spreading! and! quite a few tiny pond lillies too. The frogs don't seem to like the hot weather we are having though. Have a great crafty week! Happy WoYwW!?
    ((Lyn)) #11

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your garden looks lovely, I love all the white flowers. How nice to see the water lily too....we are re doing our pond at the moment so it is empty at the moment!
    Wishing you a happy week
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete