Wednesday, 21 August 2013

WOYWW - MIA

It seems forever since I wrote here, or even managed to do anything I would think of as crafty.  However, life has been going on apace since Mum came to live with us.

This week saw the start of building work, to halve my current kitchen to squeeze in a downstairs shower and loo for her, which has affected the whole of the ground floor.

This first pic shows my temporary kitchen in the sitting room, and the second, the rest of the room, with the furniture piled high.  This was before the kitchen ceiling and wall started to come down, hence the doors were still open.  I quickly learned to shut them!!



This is how the kitchen looks at the mo, but it should improve today, once the rest of the demolition is complete, and I can start clearing up. Fortunately, I can still climb over the rubble to use the sink and the cooker.


Mum, Mr Flutterby and I will be going out for lunch today, to get away from the noise and dirt. After that, I'll retreat to the garden to weed the veggies, while Mum has a rest.

Although this might all sound very negative, I'm delighted with how it's going - the new kitchen diner will be lovely and big, with the sitting room forming an L-shape off that.

Hope to see you all over at Julia's http://stamping-ground.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/seriously-whats-on-your-workdesk.html, and apologies in advance that I probably won't be able to visit more than a couple of you this week, in the circ's.  Love to all, though, Chris xx

14 comments:

  1. GL with all the construction.
    Sandy :) #64

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big changes ahead for you.Building work is very tiring.Hope it's finished soon, and you can start on your new life.
    Judy#28

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope everything goes well and there are no set backs in the construction. Once it is finished it will be wonderful for you all! Then it will be back to the craft room? Looking forward to seeing what you create when you do :-). Happy WOYWW.
    Janene #67

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope everything is finished off quickly so you can get settled. Have a lovely lunch. Happy WOYWW from Helen 71 x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you enjoyed your lunch and quiet time with your mom. I can see it is a project, but I am sure it will be great and worth it when done! You will also have your mom with you and that alone will be extra special. Winnie#89

    ReplyDelete
  6. Climbing over the rubble to use the sink does NOT sound like fun. I think I'd be going out for most every meal! It will be wonderful once it's done, though. :-)

    Happy Woyww,

    Sandy #4

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow you all seem to be doing really well coping with all the demolition and dust, not sure how I would be. As you say it is nearly time for all the good stuff to happen
    Have a really great WOYWW and enjoy the rest of your week
    Hugs Ria #85

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks and sounds like a big upheaval - which is not meant unkindly - but it will be worth it in the long run. Hope you've had a good day. Helen 8

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy WOYWW!! I hope your construction goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. it all looks controlled..keeping impact at a minimum is a real trick, so well done you. bet your Mum is really feeling confident about daily life now that she's with you,

    ReplyDelete
  11. This will be wonderful when it is complete! Hang in there!
    Glenda #91

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not negative at all, just how it is. Be worth it when its all done, I would be in a right state with any form of upheavel so you do really well.

    take care

    Lynda #96

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sounds like a typical remodel to me. I've suffered through a couple and they are always over budget and take twice as long as expected. My heart goes out to you for this. Don't worry if you don't visit, because we've all been there. Happy rather belated WOYWW from #10.

    ReplyDelete