Saturday, 4 January 2014

First Handmade Monday of 2014

Thankful for a dry, warm home on this rather bleak day, when so many don't have one, and it's been lovely, celebrating a quiet weekend before Mr Flutterby goes back to school tomorrow. 

It always looks a bit bare when the dec's come down, so it's good to have a pointsettia to brighten things up. 



I'm hanging on to the tree until tonight, as I love the twinkly lights. We're hosting a first, weekly open house for our neighbours tonight and there's a lovely smell of banana loaf in the oven. I just hope some peeps come, so we aren't tempted to eat it all! 



The Christmassy cushion covers will stay on until put into the washing machine tomorrow, and going away til next Christmas. 

I'll post some more after shots of the house, now the work is done, later in the week. In the meantime, I'm dreaming of the finishing touches - soft furnishings and the like - that I hope to get made soon.

Love for now - posting here so, why not popv over to see what everyone else has been up to http://handmadeharbour.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/handmade-monday-149.html

xx


2 comments:

  1. I hate it when the decorations come down, everything looks so bare, I do love the colour of poinsettas though. Have a happy and crafty week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though it isn't as bright and sparkly when the decorations come down, I always think the house is bigger when they're gone! Happy new year, Jo x

    ReplyDelete