Thursday, 20 March 2014

Another One Ticked Off

I was uber glad to get to the end of this project.


I bought this yarn in Lidl, back in October, and rashly told Mr Flutterby that I'd make it as his Christmas pressie - just neglected to say which Christmas!! Finally finished it today and, thank goodness, it fits. One problem was that knitting for man mountain (6'2" and 25 stone) takes forever, and the second is that stocking stitch is sooo boring.  Anyway, the start of Spring and it's done - and he's very pleased, too.

The weather here is incredibly changeable at the mo - glorious warm, sunny days for the past week - so I 've spent time in the garden, and can report that the veggie seeds are all sown in pots, in the greenhouse, the grass is cut, and the front and back gardens are looking respectable and ready for the new season. I had wanted to get out again today, but it has been cold, wet and windy (hence finishing the woollie pullie).

We've been enjoying new dishes from the Hairy Bikers' Diet Book, and can thoroughly recommend them - especially this new favourite - not only is it delicious, but it's quick and easy to make, too - what more could you ask for?


I'm going to bed tonight, dreaming of what project to embark on next. I'm hoping to dust off the sewing machine tomorrow, and start a girl friend for Frank (on the left) that I made for Mum a couple of years ago.


Her name is Grace and she will be Mum's surprise Mother's Day pressie. I'm also starting a patchwork cot quilt for a friend.

Thanks for visiting, and see you around. Love for now xx



2 comments:

  1. I see you are a woman who seems to be a bit like me. Oh yes, there comes a time to get help doing chores around the house.Your Mum's doll will be nice. I have a lot less energy just these past 2 years (since major knees surgeries), and just have to narrow my focus.It feels good though.I'm a new follower too.
    I'll be back to look at your past posts soon.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judy - thanks for popping by (and for becoming a follower, too). Your posts appear on my list whenever you do them, and I always make a beeline to see what you've been up to. Hope the sun's shining for you today, as it is here - just about to put a second line of washing out - it does my heart good to see it blowing in the wind (simple things please simple ... well, you know the rest LOL!) Take care x

      Delete