Sunday, 18 May 2014

Handmade Monday Busy-ness


A lovely weekend here, inside and out. The weather is glorious, and it's great to be able to leave the doors and windows open.

DH tried out our new pressure washer on the shed for me, so I can paint it if the weather holds. We're very impressed with the washer - well worth the cost. I'll wash the old hen house inside and out, too, and paint it with a view to turning it into a bolt hole summer house at the top of the garden, for me.

Potential Summer House and fruit cage
Indoors, I've been re-vamping a sad lamp, and am very happy with the result - especially as it only cost £1.50! 

Before

After
 I've also started a short sleeved cardi for Maisie, a little friend. It doesn't show clearly here, but there are sweet, pink and blue mice on the fronts.



Dashing this off, to catch Handmade Monday - see you over there.

I hope the sun is shining today for you, too. Love, Chris xx




8 comments:

  1. What a transformation, love your vintage lamp and your knitting is so neat! Many thanks for coming to visit me! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pressure washers are great - you see colours you never knew you had in your patio!! Love the lamp after you've done it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lamp looks great, well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your lamp - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you have transformed the lamp, it looks beautiful. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your revamped lamp is adorable and the cardi looks like its going to be super cute too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely lamp, I particularly love the stem of it. I'm sure your little friend will love the cardi too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the remake on the lamp. Very cheerful looking.

    ReplyDelete